FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
From UpdateF1.com:

Apr.19 (GMM) Red Bull's owner has vowed to contact Michael Schumacher later this year to see if the German would like to drive for his formula one team.

Dietrich Mateschitz told the 'Motorsport Aktuell' publication that the 37-year-old German, presently at Ferrari, might also be interested in joining BMW.

''In the last few months,'' the Austrian billionaire said, ''I have not said anything to Michael except 'hello'.

''However, we will contact him in June or July.''

Although Schumacher appears most likely to re-sign with his red team for 2007, Mateschitz said he 'cannot imagine' the seven time world champion serving alongside Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari, or Fernando Alonso at McLaren.

''Beside Michael Schumacher belongs a young, rising driver,'' the Red Bull magnate added.

''I would also not exclude that he goes to BMW.''

There's no way, is there?
By darwin dali
No - to contact MS in June/July is way late since it seems clear that MS is negotiating right now with Ferrari and plans on announcing a new deal probably in Nürburg. The only way Mateschitz has a shot that late is if MS and Ferrari can't get to an agreement or something dramatic happens in the next few races that would indicate Ferrari doesn't have their $hit together.
By simac
Can't see MS ever leaving Ferrari personally, it will never happen.
By Stephen
Can't see MS ever leaving Ferrari personally, it will never happen.

...and he'll never go to Redbull! Although, I can't see either Michael or Kimi (assuming the rumours are accurate) yielding to one another! :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!