FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
I Don't think this is the best battle in history but it's the best battle I have seen; Alonso V Schumacher
Commentary is in Spainsh....I think, i remember watching this and i was in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGtSz1dZIk

That was decent. Those who "watched" it on ITV would remember them going for a break right in the middle of it. :censored:

Those were the days guys, we haven't seen these kind of actions this year :yawn:

Don't tempt fate, they might pull off a stunt like that if the title goes down the wire in Brazil pretty much showing they've got sour grapes over F1 going back to the BBC.
I Don't think this is the best battle in history but it's the best battle I have seen; Alonso V Schumacher
Commentary is in Spainsh....I think, i remember watching this and i was in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGtSz1dZIk

That was decent. Those who "watched" it on ITV would remember them going for a break right in the middle of it. :censored:

Those were the days guys, we haven't seen these kind of actions this year :yawn:

To be honest, although that was close racing, there was no overtaking or anything, like the Villeneuve-Arnoux battle.
g.v vs r.a. the best bar none.i have in my collection a watch w/the face/picture of the battle/name another so imortalized? my 2nd is the dummy mika pulled on da shu/zonta at spa. burt.
By 8-ball
That Villeneuve-Arnoux video was very good. I have only been watching F1 post 1996 so learning about the great drives and drivers of the previous years is really interesting
I recently downloaded the 1993 British GP and the bit early on when Senna is holding up Prost, with Schumacher bearing down on them, is simply awesome in retrospect. Senna was absolutely DESPERATE to keep Prost behind, and was quite rude at times, but I kept thinking "look at these three, tucked up together. they've got FOURTEEN championships between them!"
By f1melb
hey first post, loving f1 and have been for the last three years, incidently the number of melbourne gps ive been to
and i was so happy for lewis. way to stick it to the critics.

imo, only reason you dont see battles like that anymore is chances are you'll get penalised. and those cars cost a pretty penny.

although in recent years massa v kubica was pretty knarly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WsM8MRvHk

no mclaren no penalities i suppose.

senna v mansell from 86 is the most exciting ive seen on my youtube prowling. top shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAOTZd27l5w
By Clare
shumaker vs. hill :banghead:

Good but not the best and this is coming from a MS fan who witnessed him from his first F1 race until his last F1 race. Some of the best battle's, in my era, were between Prost, Senna, Mansell and Piquet with a few other's thrown in before their car and strategy went to crap.

:clap: amen to that
Remember that great fight between Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in the dying stages of the 2005 San Marino GP? British viewers went ballistic when ITV inserted an ad-break 3 laps from the end. :rolleyes:
By madbrad
Wasn't there one between Kimi and Louise in 07 where they kept swapping the lead because they kept sliding off? I really can't remember anything anymore.
In any case the GV vs RA battle is still better.
Wasn't there one between Kimi and Louise in 07 where they kept swapping the lead because they kept sliding off? I really can't remember anything anymore.

Do you not mean Spa '08, when the rain fell towards the race's end? They slid around, and swapped the lead, which was an immense battle until Kimi crashed on the run up to the bus-stop chicane.

Unfortunately, that battle is overshadowed by what happened AFTER the race. :(
By scotty
Maybe not 'best in history' but damn entertaining.

[youtube]pd04EsBP0t8[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!