FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
just watching the Brickyard 400 at Indy and everyone is blowing tyres! Commentator saying this is the worst tyre problem he has seen at NASCAR. what do they put in the bitumen at Indy?? :hehe:
The combination of the new racecar and the Brickyard's abrasive racing surface produced abnormally high wear on right-side tires. Accordingly, NASCAR called competition cautions at intervals of approximately 11 laps, but the yellows weren't frequent enough to prevent calamity from befalling several of the sport's top stars. Of the 11 cautions in Sunday's race, six were competition cautions.

rest of story here http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin ... index.html
Last edited by bud on 28 Jul 08, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
By digitaleye
I hadn't seen the results nor any news of the race when I watched a replay earlier in the week. All I could say was "Geez , not again" I mean really, Goodyear has no excuse for this. The tire fiasco at the 05 USGP was a complete joke and for it to happen again is just completely pathetic. The funny thing is that very, very few people in any media (that I've seen) have mentioned or made a comparison to the 05 USGP. Sure I agree, what Nascar did was marginally better than what happened at the 05GP but it was still a joke of a race and I'd be demanding my money back.
By IceManpjn
I've tried to watch NASCAR races before, but I just end up getting bored.

I have the same problem. After just a few laps, I can't help but turn the channel. Unfortunately, here in the US you're either into NASCAR or you aren't into racing at all. At work, the only racing anyone talks about is NASCAR, and if I bring up Formula One I get the complaint that "it's boring".

:confused:

That's why I swing by here from time to time. If not for forums like these, I'd have nobody to talk F1 with.
By Agiel7
Whenever a NASCAR fan says there's not enough overtaking in Formula 1 for it to be interesting, I tell them: "If I wanted to see the overtaking action of NASCAR, I don't see how I can't get it just from driving on the freeway."

In Formula 1 and MotoGP, the sheer difficulty of overtaking is what makes it exciting in my opinion, to the point that it becomes an art form in and of itself.
By Rivelution
Whenever a NASCAR fan says there's not enough overtaking in Formula 1 for it to be interesting, I tell them: "If I wanted to see the overtaking action of NASCAR, I don't see how I can't get it just from driving on the freeway."

In Formula 1 and MotoGP, the sheer difficulty of overtaking is what makes it exciting in my opinion, to the point that it becomes an art form in and of itself.

I remember someone saying that NASCAR doesnt have an abundance of overtaking, its just daily commuting at 200 mph. I'm not putting down nascar, but I think that is pretty true.

See our F1 related articles too!