FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6Yc33DhZ8

Despite the current economic nose dive, the hugely expensive Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is selling faster than expected. To date, 230 of the expected 300 Veyrons have been sold, for 1.1 million euros (or $1.7 million). Another Bugatti model, a four-seater, won’t go into production before 2010, so in the meantime, Bugatti will keep sales rolling by adding a Veyron roadster, dubbed the Veyron 16.4 GrandSport.

To maintain the stiffness of the structure and provide rollover protection, the A-pillars become even thicker than the coupe’s and the air intakes on top of the car are now equipped with two rollover bars. The GrandSport comes with a clear
polycarbonate targa-style roof. With its top in place, the GrandSport equals the top speed of the Veyron, a dazzling 253 mph.

Remove the roof, and the two-seater is drag limited to a still impressive 229 mph. Unfortunately, there is no space in the car to stow the removable roof panel, but the roadster is equipped with an umbrella-like fabric top. With the softtop in place, the max recommended top speed plunges to a walk—81 mph.

Only 150 GrandSports will be built, and the price starts at 1.4 million euros ($2.2 million). The first one was auctioned off at Pebble Beach for $2.9 million, with the profits going to charity. The line starts behind current Bugatti owners as the first 50 GrandSports will be reserved for them.

bugvey_grnspt_09_209_gallery_image_large.jpg

bugvey_grnspt_09_210_gallery_image_large.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've just cum.... thats f***ing stunning!
To me, it just looks ugly. Still, it's a terrific piece of engineering. I'm not surprised that the car is selling well. The type of people buying it are probably not going to be affected by a pint of milk costing an extra 20p.
They've changed the headlights! Very nice :D

See our F1 related articles too!