FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Freddie
From eurosport.com :
As if having four engine failures in the space of a week wasn't bad enough, Ferrari are now facing a protest from rival teams who are convinced that both their front and rear wings are illegal. Eight out of the eleven team bosses signed a letter Sunday demanding that ‘suitable actions be taken'.

Ferrari's return to competitiveness has been over shadowed by a number of high profile problems in the past week. In Bahrain, their rear wing came under scrutiny before being passed by the FIA, David Coulthard took a side swipe at the Scuderia for failing to notify him of an imminent engine failure immediately after taking the chequered flag.

Had Ferrari known that the V8 engine was about to let go, the Scot would have avoided a ten-place grid penalty in Malaysia by stopping prior to finishing the race.

Then on to Sepang where Felipe Massa was forced to change engines not once, but twice, before Michael Schumacher also had to succumb to a ten-place penalty on the grid when a fractured piston called upon the Ferrari mechanics to change his engine.

"We have had various problems with the engine, which is a pity, because during all the winter testing we were very reliable," said technical director Ross Brawn. "This is very frustrating for us."

The race was set to be difficult, but even more worries transpired when eight of the rival ten team bosses signed a letter of protest against the Scuderia's front wing, which they deemed to be illegal. Television evidence showed that at high speeds and in corners, the higher elements were seen to fold under the aerodynamic weight.

Such 'movable' aerodynamic are outlawed in the Formula One regulations and chief FIA Steward Charlie Whiting is reported to have requested that Ferrari produce a new front wing in time for the next round of the championship in Australia (April 2nd).

However, should rigorous tests find that the front wing is in fact legal, then it id expected that rival teams will no doubt take a similar approach to their aerodynamics.

Yeah, always the same old story with F***ari ! If they are not competitive they begin bending and stretching the rules and breaking gentleman's agreements

I am so happy that they have engine problems. Too bad for RBR - they really should have stayed with Cosworth. Too bad for Felipe Massa that he is such an idiot to work for these people.
By Stephen
I fear you may be right Freddie, I'll be very interested to see how another team would be punished for such infringements.
By Marco
I can't see Michael going anywhere just yet. I also feel his retirement is probably further away than most of the press would imagine.
By Freddie
I can't see Michael going anywhere just yet. I also feel his retirement is probably further away than most of the press would imagine.

Erhm, Marco - maybe I am thick but I am having difficulties seeing the relation of your post to this thread ????

See our F1 related articles too!