FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Last lap view from Mercedes garage, Redbull pitwall, Max onboard, Channel4 commentary. Synchronized.

Interesting to watch the reactions.

https://streamja.com/N3R27
By Stephen
I can understand why Mercedes are appealing but both they, Hamilton, Verstappen and Red Bull have experienced the same nonsensical and inconsistent decisions throughout the year and this was just another example. They got lucky with some decisions this year (even on lap one) but fell foul to others. In previous years the use of the magic Brazilian engine and penalty at Silverstone may have actually led to real consequences.

If there is any change of result I would hate to see Verstappen lose the title - I would, given they entered the race equal on points, like to see the thing split (as f***ing ridiculous as that would be but here we are!). They are both incredible, stand out, drivers who deserve to win. It's such a shame to see them mired with the politics of the sport and their team principles respectively. Seeing Toto (and Horner) running to Michael Masi this year with their whining and bitching has been embarrassing. F1 is a sport and it should be done on track, with rules followed to the letter without exception.
By darwin dali
Stephen wrote: 13 Dec 21, 17:18
If there is any change of result I would hate to see Verstappen lose the title - I would, given they entered the race equal on points, like to see the thing split (as f***ing ridiculous as that would be but here we are!). They are both incredible, stand out, drivers who deserve to win. It's such a shame to see them mired with the politics of the sport and their team principles respectively. Seeing Toto (and Horner) running to Michael Masi this year with their whining and bitching has been embarrassing. F1 is a sport and it should be done on track, with rules followed to the letter without exception.
Except though, if you look at the season overall and analyze all things, it would appear that LH should not even be on the same level with MV point-wise: too many times the Merc/LH powerhouse benefited from the race director's or the stewards' decisions. They are just too powerful - maybe they need to be broken up like Standard Oil was...
By Stephen
darwin dali wrote: 14 Dec 21, 03:33
Stephen wrote: 13 Dec 21, 17:18
Except though, if you look at the season overall and analyze all things, it would appear that LH should not even be on the same level with MV point-wise: too many times the Merc/LH powerhouse benefited from the race director's or the stewards' decisions. They are just too powerful - maybe they need to be broken up like Standard Oil was...
I could steal a letter from their factory sign down the road but I doubt that'd slow them down! :hehe:
By mauve
Disgraceful race. I hope mercedes does appeal and it somehow gets overturned. Anywho i am happy for Tsunoda, he seems to find confidence. Nice to see Sainz up there as well, he did well the entire season. Almost lost the podium due to the tomfoolery of fia, though I’d love to see Yuki on the podium, I’d rather he wasn’t a part of whatever on earth went on. Lewis proved once again he’s miles superior to Max despite nearing 40 years of age. Class isn’t something the rbr golden boy seems to have, seb was the likable rbr golden boy.
By overboost
Mercedes drop their appeal threats and congratulate Verstappen on his epic WDC victory:

MAx will pick up his WDC award tonight!
By myownalias
I heard from various media sources that Lewis Hamilton himself requested that Mercedes withdraw their protests about the Abu Dhabi result, which if true, respect to Hamilton for this, I guess that he would not want to win a record-breaking eighth title in such contentious circumstances, being handed the title in the appeals court.
By overboost
And the sore losing continues:

Adam Cooper
@adamcooperF1
Toto Wolff confirms that neither he nor
@LewisHamilton
will attend the FIA prize giving in Paris tonight. James Allison will represent
@MercedesAMGF1
and pick up the constructors' trophy.
7:40 AM · Dec 16, 2021·Twitter Web App
Retweets
Quote Tweets
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... To%3D99208
By overboost
darwin dali wrote: 16 Dec 21, 15:37 Alright then - on to the NFL. Playoffs are coming soon enough 8-)

By overboost
Hamilton didn't even try to defend the pass. It was either a complete surprise move by Verstappen or a huge mistake by Hamilton. The door was left wide open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Jopqa6P8A&t=0s
By darwin dali
Yes, surprise: common sense would advise against passing so early in the lap as to not having to defend against a reovertake from slipstream on the long straight. Max, crampy and all, did it anyway. Talk about no pain, no gain…
By overboost
Death threats against Latifi after Abu Dhabi GP.

www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59747656

See our F1 related articles too!