FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
darwin dali wrote: 24 May 21, 20:33 C'mon MOA, you're a Brit - you can't be completely indifferent, it's in your DNA!
If you hadn't posted this, the tournament would have probably passed by and I'd not have given it a thought. Maybe I'll watch the England games, if I'm not busy and can find a good quality free stream.
Atta boy!
June 12 Wales vs. Switzerland 9 am ET ESPN
June 13 England vs. Croatia 9 am ET ESPN2
June 18 England vs. Scotland 3 pm ET ESPN
June 22 Czech Republic vs. England 3 pm ET ESPN

I threw in the Wales vs. Switzerland - that's the closest you and I get to a competition of roots during the group games. Wales is not your team nor is Switzerland mine, but close enough I figure.
darwin dali wrote: 25 May 21, 13:14I threw in the Wales vs. Switzerland - that's the closest you and I get to a competition of roots during the group games. Wales is not your team nor is Switzerland mine, but close enough I figure.
You say that, but my heritage is half Welsh, half English...
So, I watched the England game against Croatia and despite the win, England was lacking for much of the match. They started well, bright and with tempo, then sat back and let Croatia have more of the ball. A better team would have punished England, I hope they can step up their game as the tournament progresses. Otherwise, football won't be coming home, once more, and we'll reminisce about past glories, i.e. 1966.
With Germany and Switzerland beaten and possibly out or in that form out for sure after the round of 16, I tend to like Italy and their (for a change) offensive game these days. But I haven't seen too many other games, so there might be somebody else lurking that I could take a liking to.
Who would have thought it, England has beaten Germany in a major tournament when it counts for the first time since 1966. Germany out, France out, maybe England can win their first title in 55 years, or have I now jinxed it?

See our F1 related articles too!