FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Guys. I am back after 7 years. I have nothing much to say, really. I feel vindicated is all. It has been wild ride but it was only destiny that our Lewis would be the greatest F1 driver of all time. All those years of battling just to prove... Alonso, Button (especially Button on these forums!) Nico.. Vettel.. Now Max. All defeated.
By Angel
Hello the Ram. I think you have my thoughts. I remember back times of discussion in media places, who is best LEWIS, ALonso, Vettel, all good in some ways, but in my head no doubt who is best one. Like you say, now we vindicate it, where are other two?
And Jenson Button is joke! I hear him in new book I think, also on broadcasts say he is better racer than Lewis 😂 he only lose cos of LEWIS fast in qualifying. This make me laugh a lot. 7 world championships, I thinking 8 soon. Still I hearing silly things like he win for car or he win for strategy, or he win for other people errors. He just win🤷‍♀️
I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan especially being a fan of Alonso in the mid 2000s lol. But even I have to say that Mercedes is a dominant team, but Sir Lewis Hamilton is a dominant driver. Think of this, with out Hamilton, Max Verstappen would be leading the Championship winning all races so far!
Stephen wrote: 14 Feb 21, 21:18 He's talented but I'm struggling to see how, in this climate, how he can be paid so much for simply driving...when we know full well now others can do the same job.
Your thinking is not aging well here and it has been only 3 months. Which Mercedes driver other than Hamilton would be leading the championship today? Without Hamilton, Verstappen leads the championship with the closest performance delta since 2014. Verstappen making 25 million for a guy that has won 11 races is that better. Hamilton making 30 million for a guy that can become 8 time WDC and give Mercedes an 8th title? From a business standpoint, I say it is a bargain.

BTW Fernando is getting 20 million from Alpine and sadly he's struggling to keep up with Ocon.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/04/08/202 ... edes-deal/
My point was about the scale of salary and what Mercedes have done in Brackley to normal staff. Redundancies with those left behind with more work, have been told some have been asked to work weekends unpaid, on same pay. Lewis's salary isn't appropriate during these times and there's a boatload of suitable talent elsewhere who would probably do it for free - same goes for Verstappen, Alonso and others. Throw a million dollar cap on driver salaries - protect the whole team from major redundancies.
That was not what you said, you actually question Sir Lewis Hamilton's "moral fiber" You did not go out of your way to call out other drivers or CEO salary or 350 million dollar team budgets or money spent on UK national defense budget. Don't know if you read this forum much but the preponderance is hate for the black guy. Maybe your words were just unfortunate.

Maybe Brakley staff want to give the bonus they got for the WCC 7 years in a row because of Hamilton? Not so much right. lol
St.Fric wrote: 15 May 21, 14:06That was not what you said, you actually question Sir Lewis Hamilton's "moral fiber" You did not go out of your way to call out other drivers or CEO salary or 350 million dollar team budgets or money spent on UK national defense budget. Don't know if you read this forum much but the preponderance is hate for the black guy. Maybe your words were just unfortunate.
I realise I didn't go out of my way to call out other drivers or gold snorting unicorns but this thread isn't about them. I've stated more than once how I feel about Lewis and it's not negative at all, however criticism over the salary and his demands at a time when normal staff are being sacked is fair, my opinion and doesn't in anyway constitute racism. As for whether I read this forum much, it is my forum... :thumbup:
Maybe Brakley staff want to give the bonus they got for the WCC 7 years in a row because of Hamilton? Not so much right. lol
Maybe get your facts right? They aren't given a bonus for winning the drivers championship (and they would have won the constructors without Hamilton). You know what the team members get from Hamilton? A t-shirt anyone can buy, supplied by one of his companies. Yippeee... :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!