FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
By gdh
.. and Perez to Williams?

I imagine that we’ll hear more niceties this wknd from RB while trying to find an engine supplier. Vers must be so thrilled, maybe Lada will crazy glue and duct tape together an engine for them.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
Well better than Bottas!
By overboost
Oh that sort of goat.
By gdh
F1 ratings and viewership continue to drop in N.Am.:

“Formula 1 introduced viewers to another new circuit in Portugal, with the live telecast of the race on ESPN2 averaging a 0.33/572,000. On this weekend last year, F1 was racing in Mexico and aired live on ABC, scoring a 0.57/861,000.

The NASCAR Xfinity Series, beating the rain that thwarted the big league on Sunday in Texas, averaged a 0.48 National rating and 820,000 household viewers Saturday afternoon on NBCSN. That was up from the 0.47/749,000 that watched this race on the same network last year when it ran in November, and from last week’s Xfinity race in Kansas on NBCSN (0.43/697,000).
The Cup Series will try to finish its Texas race today but the first portion that ran Sunday on NBCSN averaged 1.8 million viewers, down from the 2.2m average for last November’s full race, also on NBCSN. Final numbers will be available next week, weather permitting.
While NASCAR played on cable Sunday, the NTT IndyCar Series finale at St. Petersburg was airing live on NBC and averaged a 0.41 rating and 671,000 viewers. That’s up from the 0.32/495,000 viewers that saw last year’s St. Pete race on NBCSN, although down from a 0.81/1.1m in 2018 when like this year it aired on a broadcast network (ABC). Both the latter races were season openers. Last year’s season finale at Laguna Seca, which also aired on NBC, had a 0.50 rating and 732,000 viewers. While that race ran in late September, it too was up against NFL football”.

- by Andrew Crask | October 27, 2020 at 9:48 AM Racer

Indy numbers up for the year so far - Honda knows what they are doing.
By overboost
St.Fric wrote: 27 Oct 20, 18:50
overboost wrote: 25 Oct 20, 23:31 Well better than Bottas!
and Alonso
and Button
and Rosberg
and Vettel
and
and
and...

It must hurt you so much. I enjoy it.
Come on now st fric Hamilton was beaten on track head to head over an entire season by three out of four of those drivers. One of them even took his wdc crown!

The fourth driver is harder to compare having never having Hammy as a teammate, but if second tier guys like Rosberg and Button can beat him then there is no reason why Vettel wouldn't as well.

I think you need a new list.
By overboost
Yes gdh is is quite boring watching the same car with a 1 to 2 second advantage qualify 1-2 and finish 1-2 race after race.

I can see why the US ratings are getting lower and lower every year.

See our F1 related articles too!