FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
By overboost
A wet, cold, green hell?

2020 Eifel Grand Prix weather forecast
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9 - FP1 & FP2 WEATHER
Conditions: Overcast and wet with a high chance of frequent drizzle during the day.
Maximum temperature expected: 14 Celsius
Chance of rain: 80%

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10 - FP3 & QUALIFYING WEATHER
Conditions: Cloudy start with a moderate chance of rain, then progressively scattered during the afternoon.
Maximum temperature expected: 11 Celsius
Chance of rain: 60%

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11 - RACE WEATHER
Conditions: Chilly morning and scattered clouds all day long. Increasing chance of rain during the afternoon.
Maximum temperature expected: 9 Celsius
Chance of rain: 60%
By overboost
Well it could be close to snow over the weekend, in the overnight hours the temps are getting down to 3 degrees C. At least a good frost on the tires,
they will be as hard as rocks.
By overboost
By St.Fric
You guys must be suffering so much. Ferrari nowear and the guy that's hated here is going to leave the sport with all the records after the end of this year. Anyway I came by to leave my condolences.
By overboost
By darwin dali
St.Fric wrote: 11 Oct 20, 16:21 You guys must be suffering so much. Ferrari nowear and the guy that's hated here is going to leave the sport with all the records after the end of this year. Anyway I came by to leave my condolences.

Please take better care of your rectum - it seems to have the runs.
By gdh
Finding this series exceedingly boring. At least the truth that F1’s direction is much more oriented to entertainment vs technical innovation as outlined by Paul DiResta, Red Bull mngt. and Honda’s decision to leave. When asked if Merc would supply s engines to RB, Toto quickly said no. Can’t blame him as RB with a Merc engine would relegate MB to 2nd place. Crofty on Sky was shouting again trying to artificially infuse excitement. Hit mute, fell asleep. Watched remainder in fast fwd.
By Stephen
St.Fric wrote: 11 Oct 20, 16:21 You guys must be suffering so much. Ferrari nowear and the guy that's hated here is going to leave the sport with all the records after the end of this year. Anyway I came by to leave my condolences.
That 'guy', do you mean Hamilton? I started this site and I like him. He has come across badly on television in the past but I've heard firsthand what he does for people when there are no cameras around...you couldn't fault him. However, from a sport perspective, he wants 120M for another three years at a team in a different league. He's the best driver at Mercedes (and one of the best on the grid) and he could well leave F1 with 10 WDC. This is good for him but is such competition, or lack thereof, good for anyone?
gdh wrote: 12 Oct 20, 13:36 Finding this series exceedingly boring. At least the truth that F1’s direction is much more oriented to entertainment vs technical innovation as outlined by Paul DiResta, Red Bull mngt. and Honda’s decision to leave. When asked if Merc would supply s engines to RB, Toto quickly said no. Can’t blame him as RB with a Merc engine would relegate MB to 2nd place. Crofty on Sky was shouting again trying to artificially infuse excitement. Hit mute, fell asleep. Watched remainder in fast fwd.
It's fast becoming as boring as the Schumacher era...Bottas the new Irvine/Barrichello. It feels as though Toto runs the show - we're lucky his B team have struggled to bring everything together this season or Red Bull/Verstappen wouldn't stand a chance of a podium. Again though, nothing against Toto, he's the guy I'd want as team manager...
By Angel
I have noticed here unreasonable negativity towards Hamilton over any little chance, not everybody. So nice to hear him be defended by some people, I’ve also heard many good things he does when away from spotlights. He did very well again, and some good drives also by Checko again, I think he’d had podium without safety car. And the Hulk drive well, also Ricciardo. Hard to choose a best one.
By Stephen
Angel wrote: 14 Oct 20, 01:20I have noticed here unreasonable negativity towards Hamilton over any little chance, not everybody.
I can't imagine it's easy when your passion/frustration is broadcast to billions of people. Still, his PR team could do a better job. If you've watched 'Drive to Survive' on Netflix, a great example of his true nature is shown during the German GP weekend in 2019. A complete cluster for Mercedes despite a special livery, celebrating their 125th year in motorsport competition and their 200th Formula 1 start (video below). It was refreshing to watch how the weekend unfolded, his frustrations and how he conducted himself off the track - from memory he even apologised to his team. Incredible sportsmanship. On other occasions, Silverstone one year sticks in my mind for some reason, he has come across badly (insert reasons etc). Upshot, we're all human and it's hard enough to drive the car to the local supermarket with kids yacking in the back - having billions watching, millions riding on each point and driving at up to 220mph as your day job is a whole other ball game! :hehe:

By Angel
Thank you for video. I didn’t realise ToTo had so high a hand in the aesthetic design.

I admire Hamilton first for his driving. For me he is complete natural and still improving. Out of the car I don’t always agree To him, but do we ever always agree to anyone?
He is shy, I hear this many times. So the performing for audience out of car does not come easy as the driving, especially when emotion high. He often awkward and things he means to say come wrong, not at all like Ricciardo who is so easy with this.
When he makes an error he is angry with himself and can’t hide it. That he can’t tolerate. I think some misinterpreted this.
By John Doe
Angel wrote: 14 Oct 20, 01:20 I have noticed here unreasonable negativity towards Hamilton over any little chance, not everybody. So nice to hear him be defended by some people, I’ve also heard many good things he does when away from spotlights. He did very well again, and some good drives also by Checko again, I think he’d had podium without safety car. And the Hulk drive well, also Ricciardo. Hard to choose a best one.
Yes, there is great negativity against him here and many hate him. He smashes out all the records and almost guaranteed to be the GOAT. He drives perfect, and you don't see him as driver of the day, go figure. Anyway, go Hamilton.

See our F1 related articles too!