No votes
0%
P-51 Mustang Pilot
No votes
0%
Safety car pilot - Bert Mylander
No votes
0%
Vote for the star performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
Back and forth between Max and Chuck and went for Max who should have won the race had it not been for the pit call to come in for fresh tires to get the fastest lap point.
Chuck did really well with his under-powered Ferrari and actually had no business being on the podium, but he did.
Chuck benefited from the Grosjean train so my vote would go to Max as well of the two.

My choice though is Ricciardo, somehow he got that Renault up to 4th place.
Last edited by overboost on 03 Aug 20, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Max is one of my favourite drivers, and I believe one of the most talented. But this race I think he had a lonely race. Not able to catch the Mercs but clearly faster than the rest, he just went round. Unfortunate with pitting for fastest lap, would have won.

I have to give it to ‘three wheels on my wagon’ Hamilton, based on keeping it on the track on the last lap With VERSTAPPEN baring down on him. He had to push with a deflated tyre.

Second choice would be Norris, great racing from him.
Hamilton was the best no doubt. Got the pole with a stunning driving. Dominated the whole race and finished 1st despite a flat tyre.

"Max would have won if not pitted" is just an assumption, no one could say for sure he wouldn't have a flat tyre as well. If he was good enough, he could catch Hamilton who was driving with a flat tyre.

Hamilton lost the tyre 34 seconds ahead, and then struggled to get home for 1:26, almost a lap time. If the places were swapped and it was Max who lost the tyre 34 seconds ahead, Hamilton would surely catch and takeover him.
That’s a very good point John Doe! Had Verstappen not pitted he could have suffered a tyre issue. I have big respect for Max and he’s gaining experience hand over fist, but he’s not yet on Hamilton’s level, he’s the closest! Would Hamilton have caught Max if the situation was reversed? I honestly don’t know.

See our F1 related articles too!