FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the most proper driver at the most proper race?

Hamilton
25%
Bottas
25%
Leclerc
25%
Gasly
No votes
0%
Verstappen
25%
Sainz
No votes
0%
Ricciardo
No votes
0%
Raikkonen
No votes
0%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Hulkenberg
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for the star performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
Charles LECLERC got my vote. He said after Austria that he would look at changing his driving style to become more aggressive, but clean. He showed that today by driving a mature and measured race. Great things are in store for this young man as a F1 racing driver.
I will go with Bottas who had the race win in hand until Gio went off.

Bot did everything right, pole, good start, even passing Hamilton for the lead and ironically for the right to the first pitstop. Bad luck.

And was that safety car really required it was awfully convenient for a full safety car to be called giving Hamilton the lead and win. A virtual safety car is designed for that type of car removal incident isn't it? Anyway the home crowd got what it wanted to see so it was the right call I guess.
Pretty sad when Merc gives Hamilton permission and the engine map to take away his teammates extra point on the last lap. Bottas has no hope at this team.

Hamilton wasn't deserving of the win over his teammate having been beaten to pole and being passed for the lead in the race. If the team gives Bottas the slower strategy that is just dirty internal politics on the teams part and isn't a positive for Hamilton in any way. As it turned out no matter what strategy Bottas was on it was the safety car that gifted Hamilton the win.

See our F1 related articles too!