Formula One related discussion.

Rate the race in the south of France

0 Racing not permitted by order of the Stewards
20%
1 Completely forgettable
20%
2 A snore-fest, dull, no action
20%
3 Boring, uneventful, only livened by mistakes.
No votes
0%
4 A procession at the front or generally a crappy race.
No votes
0%
5 Some good battles
40%
6 A memorable race
No votes
0%
7 Competitive racing - hard fought, strategic
No votes
0%
8 Exciting - a dramatic finish or an upset
No votes
0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
By overboost
How was the race in France?
You are too kind. Only a two from me. Soo sleepy.
For the second race in a row, the stewards made the biggest impact on the results, I gave it a zero this time, F1 has reached a real low point in my opinion.
By gdh
When the talking heads who are paid to exude excitement apologize for such a boring event that says it all. Toto and LH are the Fart1 nearest equivalents to the NE Patriots Belichick and Brady.
When the talking heads who are paid to exude excitement apologize for such a boring event that says it all. Toto and LH are the Fart1 nearest equivalents to the NE Patriots Belichick and Brady.

[youtube]_3eC35LoF4U[/youtube]
By arnoldc
Zero ( 0 ).

Did not rate the Montreal event here, because I was not comfortable with the inclusion of the '0' rating. But this time, yeah, France gets a zero. Too bad, too.

I think, and this is just me thinking out loud, F1 is trying to appeal to the wrong crowd. I've said this before, but am seeing it more and more. F1 is selling itself as rock star entertainment and not motor sports. Yeah, they will get the trendy following they seek with butts in the spectator seats. But the real motor sports enthusiasts, I suspect will begin looking elsewhere.
By gdh
Zero ( 0 ).

I think, and this is just me thinking out loud, F1 is trying to appeal to the wrong crowd. I've said this before, but am seeing it more and more. F1 is selling itself as rock star entertainment and not motor sports. Yeah, they will get the trendy following they seek with butts in the spectator seats. But the real motor sports enthusiasts, I suspect will begin looking elsewhere.

The “rock/movie stars/real money’d ppl don’t sit in the grandstands. It’s all show, a few are into the true racing aspect of motor sports. Liberty would be closely monitoring online discussions, tv audience numbers and wknd paid attendance. Only if they begin to lose $ will there be an impetus to change what is going on. Many of the online forums/discussion groups are hemorrhaging membership/contributors. When fans leave it takes a long time to earn their following back - look at Indy/Cart. I am not sure how long these racing series have to go as the vast number of Millennials have little interest in it from what a sports network exec. told me. I am a Ferrari fan, my wife a LH fan we are bored of the series. For us if the event starts late morning or afternoon we have better things to do. We record the early morning events and speed through it these days while having coffee, catching up on emails, surfing the net, laundry ... I started watching F1 with my father in the 60’s, what is on track and in the booth now is In Mrs Brown’s Boys voice - “That’s Nice.” :rolleyes:
Zero ( 0 ).

Did not rate the Montreal event here, because I was not comfortable with the inclusion of the '0' rating. But this time, yeah, France gets a zero. Too bad, too.

The '0' rating was not needed before Canada 2019. It was very difficult for me when I tried to rate Canada, to give it any points seemed to ignore and even validate what the stewards did which was to end the race prematurely with their cowardly and petty penalty call. The stewards in effect took over the race from the drivers and teams and for the final 15 laps we just had multi million dollar cars and drivers circling the track for no reason as the finish was already set out by the stewards.

So the '0' rating was invented. And I suspect, unfortunately that it will be needed in the future until this stewards reign of terror is ended.

See our F1 related articles too!