FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'll give it a chance - why not?

How long before we hear something like this:

Pitwall: " Valtteri slow down, that's Lewis's point."

Hadn't thought of that! But, you're right!
One more way to manipulate a championship...
ESPNF1:
Formula One will award a point to the driver who sets the fastest race lap, starting from this weekend's season-opening Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne, providing he finishes in the top 10.

The governing FIA said on Monday that the Formula One Strategy Group and F1 Commission had given unanimous approval in an e-vote.

The measure had already been approved by the FIA's World Motor Sport Council on March 7.

The team whose car sets the fastest lap will also gain an extra point for the constructors' championship.
Why the gimmicks? I think it's a good refresher which will definitely spice up the situation on and off the track. I'm sure many fans around the world have been sick and tired of last 15 laps cruising towards the finish line.

I don't think that will change, the rules will still dictate the pace, due to the fuel and power unit saving, plus the point only applies to the team/driver if they finish in the top 10, so if a driver is in 11th, 30 seconds adrift, what incentive do they have to potentially damage their engine run out of fuel?
Dunno, not been to the other place in years, well as long as I have not been on here. I lost the love of F1 for a while. Trying to get the interest back this year.

It is sad to see the state of William's.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Dunno, not been to the other place in years, well as long as I have not been on here. I lost the love of F1 for a while. Trying to get the interest back this year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, seeing Williams like this is pretty depressing.
Well, at least the good guy of the gravel-bagging team won, so maybe there will be a bit more of a fight even towards the end of the season.

Good to see you back on the forum, although it doesn't feel like you've been away as we follow each other on other platforms.

It is very sad, Nigel Mansell and Williams are the two influences that brought me seriously into the F1 fold back in the early '90s, I just hate to see Williams languishing at the back of the grid, well adrift of the pack. Maybe it's time for a change of management, the team has gone backward since Clare Williams took over the reins.

See our F1 related articles too!