FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Could be a classic (and look how Prince Albert smiles about it)...

Probably wishing he'd done it first!! :D
By Stephen
I've put money on Hamilton - not sure he's quite out of the running yet! :yes:

Hope you didn't lose too much!! :wink:

:(

Yeah, oh well, but at least I didn't bet on Bottas when the ultra soft tyres looked like they'd had enough (I did think about it!). :banghead:
By overboost
Wolff ordered Ocon to allow Hamilton through in Monaco.

This was a critical time as Hamilton had emerged from his pit stop on lap 12 behind Ocon. Had Hamilton remained behind Ocon for just a few laps Hamilton would have lost his podium position to Raikkonen who pitted on lap 17 and returned to the track six seconds in front of Ocon.

Ocon bows down to Mercedes team orders

"Esteban Ocon has all-but confirmed he accepted team orders from Mercedes during the Monaco Grand Prix.

Ocon, who is still under contract with the Silver Arrows, allowed Lewis Hamilton to pass uncontested just before the Nouvelle Chicane after the Brit pitted early to try and force an undercut on Sebastian Vettel ahead.

Quizzed about whether team orders were in effect, Ocon said: “I’m a Mercedes driver, you should ask the boss.

“It was pointless to fight with him, especially as he had new tyres.”

Asked if there was an ‘unwritten rule’ that Mercedes-powered Force India were not to make things difficult for the Silver Arrows, Ocon answered: “Maybe.”

Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure then got confirmation from Mercedes boss Toto Wolff that Ocon had been ordered to move aside.

“Yes, because that’s the way it is,” Wolff simply said.
"

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ocon-bows ... am-orders/
Last edited by overboost on 30 May 18, 00:41, edited 5 times in total.
By darwin dali
“Yes, because that’s the way it is,” Wolff simply said.

Let's remember this phrase - it could come in handy when the shoe is on the other foot. :rolleyes:
By overboost
By sagi58
Wolff ordered Ocon to allow Hamilton through in Monaco...

Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure then got confirmation from Mercedes boss Toto Wolff that Ocon had been ordered to move aside.

“Yes, because that’s the way it is,” Wolff simply said.[/i]"

And, that's the flippant attitude he had when asked about the "engine development freeze" and "illegal testing"! Basically, if it's an advantage for Mercedes, there is no problem... for him!!
By Stephen
And, that's the flippant attitude he had when asked about the "engine development freeze" and "illegal testing"! Basically, if it's an advantage for Mercedes, there is no problem... for him!!

Unsurprising, he's a competitor, not breaking any rules and doing a good job for now. :cop:

Although, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be slapped him across the face with a giant salmon - most fans want to see a level playing field and excitement during the Monaco GP was lacking. Can you imagine Lewis going toe to toe with a rising star like Ocon - could have been the highlight of the year! :yes:
By sagi58
...Can you imagine Lewis going toe to toe with a rising star like Ocon - could have been the highlight of the year! :yes:

Wouldn't happen... wouldn't be allowed... to main egotistical feathers would be ruffled!!

See our F1 related articles too!