FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Rate Monaco

1 Completely forgettable
29%
2 A snore-fest, dull, no action
43%
3 Boring, uneventful, only livened by mistakes.
No votes
0%
4 A procession at the front
14%
5 Some good battles
14%
6 A memorable race
No votes
0%
7 Competitive racing - hard fought, strategic
No votes
0%
8 Exciting - a dramatic finish or an upset
No votes
0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
As Whiting said it was just "unsubstantiated allegations" by Merc employees. You know, fake news.

In other words trumped up Trumpism aka Drumpfism (his immigrating grand father's name).
Immigrants! We need to build a wall! (to keep out the Drumpf's)
Last edited by overboost on 30 May 18, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
By sagi58
Whoa!!?? what’s this?

I commented on the actions at Monaco GP. Not the last decade in F1.
No there was no speculation about Mercedes because they weren’t the ones under investigation for battery cheating...

I know... it's a knee-jerk reaction for all the crap that Mercedes has been allowed to get away with, this past 5 years (1/2 decade)! Including whining when other teams (i.e., Ferrari) are catching up, as is evidenced in this "unsubstantiated" claim!

Anyway... No hard feelings!! :thumbup:
By sagi58
...It never ceases to amaze me the ingenious ways teams come up with circumnavigating rules and regulations. All part for F1 and always has been.

Kinda like Mercedes using their oil as fuel, last year?
Yup... ingenious; but, not "cheating" since it was them, eh? :wink:
By Delfy
No, no hard feelings. I was just somewhat taken aback by the vehemence of your reply. I have a keen interest in the progress of Haas but mainly I’m fairly pragmatic about F1. I enjoy the innovations actually, some of the cheating is ingenious. Though I wouldn’t have Mercedes down as great cheaters of the modern era. Perhaps you believe so because you’re emotionally involved?
These come to mind as superb F1 cheats....

Benetton - Crashgate
Red Bull - Flexi Wings and traction control
Bar Honda - extra fuel tank
Renault - mass damper
Williams - active suspension

And I found this...take a look at the rocket car , damn clever that one!

https://jalopnik.com/the-ten-most-ingen ... 1465111260

You see Ferrari’s little antics this year pale into insignificance against some of those gems. Child’s play!
By sagi58
No, no hard feelings. I was just somewhat taken aback by the vehemence of your reply. I have a keen interest in the progress of Haas but mainly I’m fairly pragmatic about F1. I enjoy the innovations actually, some of the cheating is ingenious. Though I wouldn’t have Mercedes down as great cheaters of the modern era. Perhaps you believe so because you’re emotionally involved?...

If I sound "vehement", it's because there are those who incessantly berate Ferrari because of the incredible feats they achieved during the Schumi era. Let's face it, they didn't come about "only" because of technology or rules, Schumi put in ridiculous amounts of time testing, testing and then re-testing any innovation.

"Today" we have manufacturers writing the rules with the FIA, whilst developing their engines. Suggesting that a freeze on engine development would help "less" rich teams and then offering to test tires/wheels for the only supplier. And, that isn't considered advantageous (to be nice)!!

Anyway, I have no problem admitting that I am totally biased where Ferrari is involved.
The point is, I admit it. I will even preface my comments, so that the bias is "out there"!! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!