FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
Hamilton was quite aggressive in Monza, good thing he could trust Stroll to lift and avoid an accident.

[youtube]1LOPzsVsaA0[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LOPzsVsaA0
Last edited by overboost on 21 Sep 17, 23:10, edited 2 times in total.
I cant watch the video you linked, it's been taken down by FOM!

The variable here though is Raikkonen on the outside, if the Finn was not there, Verstappen would have had room to move over and Vettel would have slotted in, in front of Verstappen.

The stewards got it right in my opinion.
Damn FOM!

I fixed the video link.

The main difference is that Verstappen got a poor start and immediately moved over to pressure Vettel allowing Raikkonen to zoom straight past. Raikkonen was only there on the outside because Verstappen gave up the space. Vettel's reaction and Verstappen's lack of craft in close situations (poor spacial awareness and judgement) then took over.
Last edited by overboost on 22 Sep 17, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.
Let's just chalk it up to an unfortunate series of events, each of the drivers could have done something different to have avoided the situation. No-one did anything specifically wrong, maybe if Vettel saw Raikkonen on the outside of Verstappen, maybe he would not have chopped so aggressively. What has happened, has happened and nothing will change that fact!

One thing is for sure, it has brought some life to this forum, we haven't seen this many posts on one race in a while! :)

One thing is for sure, it has brought some life to this forum, we haven't seen this many posts on one race in a while! :)

Probably the storm before the big quiet as the championship is all but done and dusted and who wants to talk about a Merc parade? :yawn:

Probably the storm before the big quiet as the championship is all but done and dusted and who wants to talk about a Merc parade? :yawn:

ImageImage:whip:
I've been forgetting to post these here so far this year, if you'd like to read my previous write-ups, see here.
Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix 2018

The Bahrain Grand Prix gave us the best race of the season so far, without the need for a damp track to spice things up. Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel claimed their second win of the season, some may say due to safety cars and penalties for their rivals, but I think that Ferrari had it under control on this day.

Continue Reading...
Damnit, I forgot to post my Azerbaijan write up here, if you'd like to read that and previous write-ups, see here.
Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix 2018

The Spanish Grand Prix started out with a bang with Grosjean’s orchestrated carnage, before immediately declining into a bore-fest. The 2018 Spanish, or “Spainish” GP will immediately be forgotten in my mind.

Continue Reading...
My thoughts about the Monaco Grand Prix 2018
Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix 2018

Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo got ‘redemption’ for the Monaco victory that was stolen away from him in 2016 by a Red Bull pitlane blunder. But, it was not an easy victory for Ricciardo, who lost his battery boost on lap 18, having to race 77% of the race with 160 less horsepower than his rivals, and as a result of the MGU-K failure, his rear brakes were overheating and effectively had two fewer gears than his rivals.

Continue Reading...

See our F1 related articles too!