FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Does he use Instagram? I'm talking about Hamilton. I have been using it since last month, when I found No Spam! - DD to avoid disgusting trash on Instagram. May be I will follow him now.
HAMILTON TO MISS LONDON FORMULA 1 LIVE EVENT

Press Association 12 July, 2017 13 Comments

Lewis Hamilton will be absent from Formula One’s live parade through London after announcing he is taking a two-day break on the eve of this year’s British Grand Prix.
Hamilton had been expected to lead the billing in front of his home crowd as F1 descends on the capital for a demonstration run on the streets of Westminster in the build-up to Sunday’s race at Silverstone.
But the 32-year-old, who trails championship leader Sebastian Vettel by 20 points after finishing only fourth in Austria last Sunday, will be the highest-profile absentee from the star-studded show after opting to go on holiday rather than appear in front of swathes of British fans.

“To my loving fans, I can’t wait to see you in Silverstone,” Hamilton said in a short message on his Twitter account. “Until then, I’m away on a two day break. God Bless you all. Love, Lewis.”
The triple world champion then uploaded a short video in which he was with friends. He accompanied the post with the words: “This is holiday”, and a winky face emoji.

Hamilton’s timing for the break is curious given that the British Grand Prix, a race he described earlier this month as the most important on the calendar, is just five days away.
Formula One also heads for its traditional four-week summer break only next month in which the sport is effectively on shutdown for a fortnight.
When contacted by Press Association Sport as to why Hamilton would be absent from tomorrow’s London event, a Mercedes spokesperson said: “As Lewis posted on social media, he is on a short break until Silverstone.”

Liberty Media, Formula One’s new American owners, who have worked for a number of months on the London demo – the first of its sort in the capital in more than a decade – were unavailable for comment on Tuesday night.
But it is understood they are disappointed and surprised that Hamilton will not feature, and that no real reason was offered by either the Briton’s personal team, or indeed Mercedes, to explain his absence.

Hamilton’s former rival and defending champion Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button – the 2009 world champion – and Vettel are all set to take part in the event which will see cars run along Whitehall from Trafalgar Square on Wednesday evening.

Follow
Lewis Hamilton ✔ @LewisHamilton
To my loving fans, I can't wait to see you in Silverstone. Until then, I'm away on a two day break. God Bless you all. Love, Lewis
10:15 AM - 11 Jul 2017
1,095 1,095 Retweets 9,226 9,226 likes

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/07/12/ ... -1-parade/

Apparently Hamilton skipped out on being one of the headliners of this event to fly away on his plane to Myconos for a two day party with his posse. But it is all ok because he used a 'winky face' emoji!

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 9370464257
Rumours of discord at Mercedes between Toto and Hamilton at root of Liberty's F1 Live event no show in London:

Lewis Hamilton snubbed F1 Live after raging with Mercedes as team woos Sebastian Vettel for 30th birthday

Lewis Hamilton did not attend the F1 Live event in London on Wednesday
Hamilton was the only one of the sport's 20 drivers not to attend the event
Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff was a guest at Sebastian Vettel's birthday
It is conceivable Wolff's action played apart in Hamilton's disgruntlement
By JONATHAN MCEVOY FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 22:31 BST, 12 July 2017 | UPDATED: 01:53 BST, 13 July 2017

"The plot thickened around Lewis Hamilton’s extraordinary non-appearance at Formula One’s promotional event in London on Wednesday night after it emerged that his Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff was a guest at championship rival Sebastian Vettel’s 30th birthday party.

Wolff’s attendance at Vettel’s at-home celebration in Switzerland is all the more surprising given that the party took place between the Azerbaijan Grand Prix — at which Vettel rammed Hamilton off the road — and the FIA hearing into the collision the following Monday.

It is conceivable that Wolff’s decision to attend Vettel’s shindig is key to Hamilton’s apparent disgruntlement with his team — a situation seemingly so bad that it played a part in his staying away from Trafalgar Square on Wednesday night.

The triple world champion was booed when mentioned on stage.

This is a PR disaster for Hamilton, Mercedes and new owners Liberty Media, who organised the extravaganza to promote the British Grand Prix, which will take place at Silverstone on Sunday.

Why Hamilton would stay away is almost beyond understanding. He was the only driver of the 20 on the grid not to be in London in front of his home fans.

He announced his non-intentions on Twitter and Instagram on Tuesday, but maintained radio silence yesterday.

Hamilton may well have been influenced by Wolff’s equivocal remarks immediately after the Azerbaijan incident, in which Vettel drove into Hamilton in a fit of rage.

Asked for his comments, Wolff said he needed to speak to Vettel first before pronouncing — a staggeringly open-minded comment from a boss who might have been expected to jump to his man’s defense, not least when Hamilton had been so obviously slighted.

This all adds to the suspicion that Wolff is lining up Vettel, a German for a German team, as a replacement for Hamilton, whose future plans are uncertain.

Wolff looked ill at ease on stage in Trafalgar Square — he has been suffering from flu but is said to have recovered — as he was pressed about Hamilton’s absence.

He said: ‘Lewis feels he is in such a tough championship fight that he needed the days off after Austria, but you can see him at Silverstone.’

Hamilton was booed when 1996 world champion Damon Hill, holding the RAC trophy awarded to the British Grand Prix winner, told the crowd of thousands that if they closed their eyes they could dream that Hamilton would win the race.

Towards the end of the evening, all the Formula One drivers were welcomed on stage. Only one man was missing — Hamilton. It was sad to see him slit his own throat so wantonly in front of the countrymen and women he has represented so brilliantly by his driving.

As the evening drew to a close, Hamilton’s old rival and current world champion Nico Rosberg, mischievously asked the crowd who they wanted to win the British Grand Prix on Sunday, Vettel or Hamilton? The Brit got a slightly bigger cheer, but Vettel’s support was robust.

‘I’m surprised Sebastian has a lot of support,’ said Rosberg, who had flown to London for the evening.

Vettel got a generous reception when he stepped on to the stage. Not a single boo could be heard.

Hamilton, speaking last month, said he felt much-maligned at home, having moved first to Switzerland and then to Monaco.

‘I don’t think I’ve done any wrongdoings to anyone in my life, and I never feel in any part of my day that I deserve anything,’ he said."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... paign=1490
By sagi58
Rumours of discord at Mercedes between Toto and Hamilton at root of Liberty's F1 Live event no show in London:

Lewis Hamilton snubbed F1 Live after raging with Mercedes as team woos Sebastian Vettel for 30th birthday

Lewis Hamilton did not attend the F1 Live event in London on Wednesday
Hamilton was the only one of the sport's 20 drivers not to attend the event
Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff was a guest at Sebastian Vettel's birthday
It is conceivable Wolff's action played apart in Hamilton's disgruntlement
By JONATHAN MCEVOY FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 22:31 BST, 12 July 2017 | UPDATED: 01:53 BST, 13 July 2017...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... paign=1490

So... it was Vettel's fault, eh? Figures!!Image
Really, Hamilton snubbed the event because his boss attended another drivers birthday bash.... wow, incredibly childish if this turned out to be true.
A 'Team Bieber' Hamilton selfie for all to enjoy:

It is interesting that Lewis Hamilton as the Caribbean's top celebrity has not done anything to help his striken Caribbean brothers and sisters in the aftermath of the hurricanes. He hasn't even tweeted about it.

Just look what NFL'er JJ Watt has done raising more than $30M for hurricane Harvey victims in Houston.

Lewis instead has been attending New York Fashion Week. Priorities I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/lewishamilton/?hl=en
Do you know for sure he has not done anything? for all we know, he could have made a large private donation to the relief effort.
Not even a single tweet in support of the people suffering in the Caribbean. It is odd as he just left Cuba a week or so ago.

Although he could have made an anonymous donation I suppose but that hasn't been his style.

Maybe he will do something after his fashion week is over.
Last edited by overboost on 17 Sep 17, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Paradise Papers claim Hamilton avoided paying £3.27 million in tax on his jet

"Hamilton allegedly used a series of companies known as Stealth Aviation Limited, Stealth Limited and BRV to avoid paying €3.7 million (£3.27 million) in value added tax (VAT) on his Bombardier CL605 Challenger jet, which he has used since 2013.

This is not the first time his tax arrangements have come into question. Hamilton left the UK early in his Formula One career and has since lived in the tax havens of Switzerland and Monaco."

https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/11/06/ ... s-tax-jet/

The rich like Lewis use their money and even choose relocating from their home countries to avoid paying anything in taxes forcing the people barely making ends meet to pay more!

He could at least have donated this money to the Caribbean hurricane victims fund or some other good works but nope he spends it all on his fashion at $2500 per pair of ripped jeans. At least the fashion industry sweat shops benefit. Nice job Lewis!

See our F1 related articles too!