FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/revealed-formula-1-team-payments-for-2017-903197/

Ridiculous bonus amounts given to the top 3 teams and McLaren, especially to Ferrari who get almost as much money as Force India receive just for being in the championship since 1950 (LST column). I'm not saying that there shouldn't be bonus payments but they are definitely way too large and should be reduced.

Also, I don't like that it says the money intended for the Manor team was shared between all the other teams, it should only be shared between the none bonus teams i.e. Force India, Haas, Sauber and Toro Rosso.
Ferrari generates the most passion (positive and negative) from F1 fans. Any of the other teams could leave and be replaced without a huge hit to the sport but if Ferrari were to leave it would have a major impact on viewership, sponsorship and mktg potential.
Ferrari generates the most passion (positive and negative) from F1 fans. Any of the other teams could leave and be replaced without a huge hit to the sport but if Ferrari were to leave it would have a major impact on viewership, sponsorship and mktg potential.

Yes, Ferrari do have a big following and should they leave F1, it will have an impact, however, Formula 1 would recover in time. But to say that all other teams could disappear without any impact to the sport and could be easily replaced is wholly incorrect, plenty of teams have been around for decades and have massive fan bases. Plus we don't exactly see teams banging down F1's door to enter the sport, even with space for three teams being available.
...we don't exactly see teams banging down F1's door to enter the sport, even with space for three teams being available.

Maybe Liberty Media will make it more enticing...
more equitable... more affordable...

See our F1 related articles too!