FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Looks like Hamilton might be a little bit afraid of new Merc teammate Bottas. I do seem to recall however how Lewis was all for sharing data with Alonso at McLaren. I guess getting beat by the likes of Rosberg and Button will do that to a guy! I also seem to recall Lewis having access to Button's data and then tweeting it to the world for all to see. Quite the hypocrite.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/02/18/h ... eam-mates/

Hamilton wants no more data sharing with team mates
2017 F1 seasonPosted on | 18th February 2017, 21:04Author Keith Collantine

Lewis Hamilton wants Mercedes to stop his team mates from being able to study his data.

Hamilton, who has a new team mate for 2017 following world champion Nico Rosberg’s retirement, said the free availability of data between drivers makes it easy for them to identify and “copy” each others’ secrets.

“I go out, do my laps, do all my homework, the other guy can see everything,” said Hamilton in an interview for a Mercedes sponsor. “I don’t think they should do.”

"“I have asked my team. I don’t want to see my team mate’s… I don’t feel it’s fair that he brings his A-game and I should be able to study his A-game on a computer.”

“For example when we’re driving we’re picking out braking points, bumps, tyre rubber marks on the track, all these different things to help get you through the corner quickest. And the other driver probably naturally may be able to do more or less than you are.”

“But because of this data they can just copy you. ‘Oh he’s braking five metres later there, I’ll go out and I’ll try braking five metres later’. So that’s what I really dislike. Because it enables them to get closer. That’s what I loved about go-karting, you weren’t able to do that and that was where just your raw talent is able to shine.”
"
I don't care about that, if he doesn't want to share the car and track data, fine, but Hamilton better not peek over the shoulder of Bottas if the car is working better for the Finn.

I kinda like the idea of no data sharing, it'll make things more interesting in general, but Hamilton can't have his cake and eat it (stupid saying I know).
Now he is back in the team again. He has tweeted a retraction of sorts:

Lewis HamiltonVerified account
‏@LewisHamilton

I wish to clarify, I have not hit out at my team at all. My point on data sharing is solely my feelings about the sport in general.

Looks like Mercedes PR got hold of him and reminded Lewis that he is just an employee and is actually part of a team!

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 6546027520
I think you may have to wait until you're blue (or whichever color you prefer) in the face - never gonna happen.
By sagi58
Probably not; but, it would be interesting??... uh, revealing??... actually, predictable!! :thumbup:

p.s. for future reference:
...or whichever color you prefer...
Team orders are amazing as long as you are on the positive end, it will be interesting to see, should LH decide to ignore team orders, what Mercedes will do; probably nothing (AGAIN).
Lewis is working hard on finding the solution to his Sochi pace issues at the Met Gala last night in NYC:

Retirement?

Hamilton’s future in Formula 1 has recently been subject of some speculation, new reports have emerged in Germany suggesting that the triple Formula 1 World Champion might be considering calling it quits when his contract runs out in at the end of 2018, if not earlier.

Well connected Ferrari insider Leo Turrini wrote this week that Mercedes have an option on Sebastian Vettel for 2018 when the German’s contract runs out with Ferrari. Turrini claims the deal was signed before this season started and his source is none other than Niki Lauda.

‘New boy’ Valtteri Bottas delivered his first win for the Silver Arrows, suggesting that the Finn has the pace to be a regular winner and it is highly likely that he his one year contract will be extended.

Thus if Hamilton does decide to quit, within the next two years, Mercedes have their bases covered and are unlikely to be caught flat footed as they were late last year when Nico Rosberg decided to retire after winning the world title.

Earlier this year he mused about retirement in an interview on Channel 4, “I’ve thought about how I’d make the decision, about when the right time would be.”

“I have some sort of plan about what I want to accomplish before making the decision to retire.

“I’ve worked hard to have a life outside the track in recent years, so when I stop it will not be such a big difference.”

“Some drivers focus only on racing, and when they stop competing there is nothing more for them. So I’m very aware I am building my brand in preparation for when I retire.”

“I don’t think about retiring a huge amount, but of course I do think about it”

“At the end of each season and particularly at the beginning of each season, when you’re going through the tough training.”

“I really don’t know when is going to be the time. It could be soon, it could be far away. That’s the exciting thing about life,” Hamilton added cryptically.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/05/09/ ... -far-away/
Racing has robbed Hamilton! Maybe he should quit and do what he wants to do.

"I was robbed of being able to grow naturally," said the Mercedes driver.

"I didn’t get to hang out with my friends — it was always racing, always business, always serious."

http://en.f1i.com/news/268440-hamilton- ... rally.html

It seems Lewis doesn't realize that every other professional racing driver grew up just the way he did and almost none of them make a fraction of the money he makes. Poor Lewis. No grasp of reality. :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!