FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By zurich_allan
So Max Chilton has not only signed up for Indycar this year, but to drive for Chip Ganassi! We might be able to see what he's really made of given that he should be given a car capable of competing for a championship. :)
I'm not really a fan of US based motorsports, but I will be keeping an eye on young Chilton to see how he does. If he gets decent results, it could pave the way for a return to F1 as a PAID driver for one of the mid-field or top teams instead of making up the numbers. Not that I am putting Manor/Marussia down, they did fantastically with the resources they had/have.
By sagi58
Hey, MOA!! It sounds like his participation is going to pave the way
for you to become a fan of US based motorsports!! :thumbup:
Hey, MOA!! It sounds like his participation is going to pave the way
for you to become a fan of US based motorsports!! :thumbup:

I wouldn't go holding your breath on that, it could cause you to expire! :P
I'm hoping Max Chilton does well over the pond, I've still been following him on twitter since he's been away. Maybe we'll see him back in F1 one day.
Yeah, it's always difficult to get a true measure of a driver when they're at a lower end team, not just due to their place on the grid, but also due to the associated heavily restricted airtime / media focus. He'll be more visible in Indycar, so I think after a period of settling in we'll have the ability to make a more rational judgment.
By gdh
Don't often watch Indy races anymore but at least they are rarely if ever boring processions. I remember Ruebens B commenting on how frightening it was to drive on many of the road track courses. This year's Daytona 24 Hrs had an exciting finish which for me was great as my wife is now getting interested in another form of racing other than F1. This year we plan on taking in Montreal F1 (weather permitting) and the Toronto Indy (likely the practice days only). Looking fwd to seeing Max drive up close and personal in To. Next winter Daytona & Sebring.
By overboost
Chilton finished 7th tonight on the oval at Phoenix. He looked good racing with the top guys.
Chilton finished 7th tonight on the oval at Phoenix. He looked good racing with the top guys.

I'm glad he's doing well! :)

See our F1 related articles too!