FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
True. But, if he's not driving in F1, what more can they do than not pay him?
I mean, sure they could "force" him to stay; but, at what cost?

What do "they" say about pride coming before a fall? :twisted:
I don't think that any team can force a driver to stay, but they can sue for breach of contract and block any move to another team in any motorsport.
By sagi58
I don't think that any team can force a driver to stay, but they can sue for breach of contract and block any move to another team in any motorsport.

Oh, I get all that! I was just wondering out loud what they could do to "force" him to give 100%!
Mind you, even 50% from Alonso is possibly worth more than not having him on the team.
So we've heard talk of Jenson not being guaranteed a seat at McLaren next season, now we are hearing that McLaren may block Jenson's possible move to Williams for 2016. From a personal point of view, I would love to see Jenson go to Williams, being my favorite team and driver, to see Jenson end his career where he started his f1 career 15 years ago.

Src: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/f1 ... tch-072415
Hmmmm, disputes about leaving a Honda powered team to go to Williams, sounds familiar. Better watch he doesn't sign anything then decide McHonda looks like the better option after all.
Hmmmm, disputes about leaving a Honda powered team to go to Williams, sounds familiar. Better watch he doesn't sign anything then decide McHonda looks like the better option after all.

That's assuming that Mclaren are still Honda powered in 2016... relations are strained between the team and engine maker...

That's assuming that Mclaren are still Honda powered in 2016... relations are strained between the team and engine maker...

Doubts over Honda supplying the power too! I wonder if he's got a clause for that this time round.

Doubts over Honda supplying the power too! I wonder if he's got a clause for that this time round.

I would hope that he was smart enough to have a get out clause on McLaren's option, but who knows outside of Mclaren, Honda and Jenson!
He must be feeling a serious case of déjà vu. I'm still hoping the McLaren Honda deal can come good but I don't know how much of that is just wishful thinking.
By Stephen
He must be feeling a serious case of déjà vu. I'm still hoping the McLaren Honda deal can come good but I don't know how much of that is just wishful thinking.

Same, I hoped after Melbourne that just pushing a button (pardon the pun) would spur the machine onto greater things. However, it's not just the powertrain, the chassis seemed to underperform around the Hungaroring compared with others. :banghead:

Same, I hoped after Melbourne that just pushing a button (pardon the pun) would spur the machine onto greater things. However, it's not just the powertrain, the chassis seemed to underperform around the Hungaroring compared with others. :banghead:

I don't have any illusion that they'll be capable of anything more than maybe chasing the odd point here and there for the remainder of this season, if that. My hope's that the radical ideas talked about at the start are just going to take some learning about on how to integrate everything that can be used in the design of next years car.
The latest rumors about JB is that he will now be stepping away from F1 to join BBC Top Gear... McLaren, Williams or Top Gear, which will it be?
Oh dear! Joining top gear now is a bigger unknown than McHonda was at the start of the year.
Now the rumor mill is suggesting that Stoffel Vandoorne will replace Jenson Button for 2016, which will be as much a kick in the teeth for Kevin Magnussen as JB.
Button is confirmed at McLaren for 2016!

Fit, fast and motivating says Ronny.

" ... Dennis and McLaren have finally put the issue to bed by announcing that the 2009 World Champion will race for them in 2016.

“Jenson and I have been discussing his plans in private for the past few weeks, and the fact that our talks have led to today’s announcement is very pleasing to both of us and will delight and motivate all at McLaren-Honda,” Dennis said in a statement.

“As I have made clear whenever I have been asked about the subject, Jenson';s current contract is of two years'; duration [2015 and 2016]. There is a ‘terminate after year one’ option that McLaren could have triggered if we had wished to do so, but, once it became clear from my many conversations with Jenson that he remained as enthusiastic and as committed and as focused as ever, that option immediately became an irrelevance. That being the case, Jenson will race for McLaren-Honda next year, under the terms and conditions as set out in the two-year contract that both parties entered into a year ago.

“As I say, I am extremely pleased. Jenson is the most experienced driver currently racing in Formula 1, and next season he is due to become only the third driver [after Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher] in Formula 1 history to pass the milestone of 300 Grands Prix. But, although that wealth of experience makes him a massively valuable asset to our team, hugely expert in all aspects of the 21st-century Formula 1 driver’s craft, he is also supremely fit and as super-fast as ever.”"

http://planetf1.com/news/mclaren-confir ... -for-2016/

See our F1 related articles too!