FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
, Jonathan Noble wrote:">Force India postpones debut of its VJM08 2015 Formula 1 car again

Force India has confirmed that its 2015 Formula 1 car will now not make its debut until the final Barcelona test.

The Silverstone-based outfit had hoped a final push at its factory this week would allow it to have the VJM08 running next week at Barcelona, but it has not hit its targets.

With cars needing to leave for Barcelona, a team spokesman said on Friday that it is sending its 2014 VJM07 to the next test, which starts on February 19.

A decision on its driver line-up for the week will be made in the days before the test.

Although there are only a few days between the end of the next Barcelona test and the final test that starts on February 26, Force India is hopeful there is enough time to get its VJM08 finished.

Force India's absence from the first tests with its 2015 car has prompted speculation that the team is at risk of missing the start of the season.

Deputy team principal Bob Fernley has made it clear that while it has not been an ideal start to the year, the outfit will definitely be ready for the beginning of the campaign.

"We will be in Melbourne for the start of the season, there's no doubt about that," he told AUTOSPORT recently.

"Yes, testing time with the new car will have been limited, but we are doing everything possible to make sure we arrive in Australia in reasonable shape and with as many miles on the car as possible."

By Jabberwocky
Odds on them going bust before the start of the season?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By CookinFlat6
Sounds like they may be technically insolvent, and when considering the other 2 had no buyers when in administration, then I would say the chances are very very high they will not come back. Obviously they havent been able to pay for coming to the first 2 tests, it will be just a matter of time before they cant continue paying for whatever they can afford now

The usual sources for money dont exist for them, owners? ones in jail, the other has negative cash flow, major sponsors? - the owners company, other sponsors and driver deals? - must already have been used, prize money to come from FOM - will be in quarterly payments and is obviously not enough

Its where EJ was till VJ came along - We need to start wiorrying about Sauber, I think FI are history
By Jabberwocky
Sort of answers the question of why they would not waiver Marussia using last year's car.

By sagi58
 wrote:">Force India begins a partnership with Skullcandy

Sahara Force India is pleased to announce the beginning of a partnership with Skullcandy, the original performance and lifestyle audio brand. The multi-year deal will see Skullcandy supply the team with headphones for use during the season, while the Skullcandy logo will be visible on the rear element of the side pod and on all garage headsets. From a product development standpoint, getting exposure to how Sahara Force India works on extremely compressed schedules with high performance parts also represents a unique opportunity for Skullcandy.

Otmar Szafnauer, Chief Operating Officer of Sahara Force India: "Skullcandy is a fun, exciting brand and it's a real pleasure to begin working with them. Their desire to develop products that combine style and performance makes Formula One the perfect environment to showcase their brand. With a distinctive combination of colour and character, as well as outstanding audio quality, the Skullcandy range will appeal to all our supporters, especially the younger generation."

Sam Paschel, Chief Commercial Officer of Skullcandy: "We couldn't be more excited about our partnership with Sahara Force India, which allows us to align with one of the most thrilling and exciting sports in the world. The dedication and focus that it takes to compete and excel in F1 demonstrates many of our core values and is a natural fit with the Skullcandy brand and our commitment to make products that help people live and perform at their full potential. On the product side, working with Sahara Force India is inspiring because the team is constantly operating in a highly competitive industry with great emphasis on innovation and efficiency. Being involved in this environment will feed our own learning as we engineer and develop a wider range of products and continue to innovate in the audio space."
Last edited by myownalias on 07 Mar 15, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Edited for remove link to third party product.
By sagi58
 wrote:">Feature: Why 2015 is a big year for...

In the fast-paced world of Formula 1, each race, and every season, counts. Ahead of this weekend's season-opening Australian Grand Prix, GPUpdate.net looks at why 2015 is important for those competing.

Force India

Force India excelled early on in 2014 and even took to the podium as it delivered a lesson in efficiency over budget. Many, even insiders, indicated that the Mercedes engine, rather than the chassis, was the team's key ally and, as the year wore on, Force India gradually regressed, though still competed for points. Therefore this year the aim will be to continue to punch above its weight and defy the doubters.

No-one expects Force India to be winning races and, considering the quality of rivals, even a podium would be astounding. But the team must continue on its current form in order to stave off the lurking financial threat. The late build of the car won't help, though the team's mileage in a short space of time in testing was encouraging; the products from using Toyota's Cologne windtunnel won't be available until Formula 1 returns to Europe, so judgement may need to be delayed until then.

Nico Hülkenberg's continual absence on the list of top teams and his dalliance into the World Endurance Championship suggests he is already considering a Plan B, but if he can pull out a couple of eye-catching drives (ironically, rather than being regularly very good), he may get a chance. Sergio Pérez improved vastly in 2014 so he must continue on this trend if he is to shed the image of someone with a wild side. 2015 is also a big year for Pérez in the shape of his home race in November – Mexico's first Formula 1 event since 1992.

Imagethe other teams on the grid
By sagi58
One new partner:

wrote:">Force India begins partnership with Hype Energy

Sahara Force India is pleased to announce the beginning of a partnership with Hype Energy, one of the world's leading energy drinks. Hype Energy branding will appear on the side pod wing of the team's 2015 car, the VJM08, as well as on the drivers' suits.

Hype Energy was one of the first energy drinks on the market in 1994. Originally launched by the founder of Hard Rock Café, the brand is now owned by former Formula One driver, Bertrand Gachot. Under his leadership, Hype Energy has built a strong global network to become a leading lifestyle drink. Hype products are now available in over 45 countries worldwide.

Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India: "I am delighted to welcome Hype Energy drinks as our latest partner on the eve of the new season. It's a dynamic and exciting brand that is a good fit with our team image and Formula One as a whole. The global appeal of the sport will provide Hype Energy drinks with a strong platform to continue building its global network and we look forward to a successful partnership."

Bertrand Gachot, CEO of Hype Energy drinks: "I am very proud and excited about our new partnership with Sahara Force India; I am proud for Hype Energy drinks to sponsor the team I used to race with over 20 years ago! I loved working with its team members and I'm thrilled to meet them again. I'm also excited because Hype has a long history in motor-sports and lifestyle sponsorship. As the team's supplier of Energy drinks over the last three years, this is a natural progression of our business collaboration."
By sagi58
And, a second new partner:

wrote:">Force India announces new partnership with NEC

NEC Corporation and NEC Mexico, leaders in the integration of IT and network technologies, and Formula One team Sahara Force India announced today their new partnership for the 2015 season. NEC will be the team’s Premium ICT Partner with the relationship focused on short- and long-term opportunities, including the installation of NEC technologies at Sahara Force India’s headquarters in the United Kingdom. NEC´s logos will also appear on the top of VJM08's engine cover, on the drivers' suits and helmets, and on the team clothing.

NEC's involvement in the pinnacle of motorsport is a natural fit with the ties between technology and Formula One growing ever closer. Advanced technology solutions power the sport at all levels, whether it's a supercomputer perfecting the car's aerodynamic efficiency, or a complex IT solution underpinning the trackside operation. Technology truly is a cornerstone of the sport and an essential ingredient for success on and off the track.

Dr. Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India: "It's a pleasure to welcome NEC as our Premium ICT Partner. We share their passion for innovation and technology, which underpins the entire Formula One industry. NEC is a global player with a rich history supporting all areas of business and we look forward to working with them going forward."

Takayuki Morita, Executive Vice President of NEC Corporation: "NEC is looking forward to building a strong relationship with Sahara Force India. Formula One is a truly global sport that brings excitement to loyal fans all over the world and NEC is honoured to be supporting a team competing at the highest level of world motorsport. Our ambition at NEC is to contribute to businesses and customers on the same global scale."

Enrique Leiva, CEO NEC Mexico: "We are very happy to start this exciting journey with Sahara Force India, especially with Mexico hosting a Grand Prix race later this year. We are very pleased to support the team alongside its other strong partners such as TELMEX, TELCEL, Interprotección, and Consorcio Aristos. I am sure we will be able to do great things together. It's also a great pleasure to support two of the most exciting talents on the grid in Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg. Sergio, in particular, is an important role model in Mexico and represents a great example for the aspirations of the younger generation."

By CigarGuy
Looks like a potato peeler

Mmmmmm......potato's.......
By sagi58
Looks like a potato peeler

Mmmmmm......potato's.......

...and a beer!! :drink:
By Jabberwocky
Just thought about it an realised there is more than one type of potato peeler this is the style I meant

See our F1 related articles too!