FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Hammer278
I don't think its the sound, I can watch F1 on mute and still see the speed. If FE is maxed out at 225 I think I'm seeing them mostly around 150-200km/h and maybe the look of the cars contributes to this slowish feeling. But maybe the street circuits contribute to that too. Take a look at this clip, the feeling of speed here is awesome.

[youtube]ZW-_IIIEnVg[/youtube]
By Big Azza
I watched my first Formula E race today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't take me long to appreciate that this form of racing is, in my opinion, better than Formula 1, for the following reasons:

- A spec series, it ensures that the racing remains very close and no teams are perceived to have an "unfair" advantage. Formula One on the other hand claims is not a spec series, but yet they don't let teams have a full reign on innovation and design. I think motor racing should be all about innovation and design, but F1 is not achieving that. But still that means that one team dominates F1 and it's a battle for 2nd....

- It is clearly a cleaner form of teaching technology and is the way of the future. I plan for my next car in 5 years to be fully electric.

- It doesn't appear to have the politics that F1 attracts. E.g. No Bernie, no Ferrari vetoes etc. Obviously it's early days at the moment and I'm sure politics will eventually rear is ugly head. This sport has already had its fair share of controversy.

I would have added that it doesn't have any delusional fans that argue about insignificant points with rise tinted glasses, but it appears that other F1 fans are showing an interest in this Formula so I realise that this is the quiet before the storm. ...
By racechick
Formula E is exciting and the racing is close. Some people wrote it off because of the noise the cars make, which does take some getting used to. But I've enjoyed all the races I've watched.
As to delusional fans, you can't possibly know whether delusional fans follow Formula E . Generally popular sports attract all sorts of followers.
By gdh
I just watched the Long Beach F E race. It was highly entertaining with lots of paying spectators that looked like they were thoroughly enjoying the experience. The huge field combined with lots of passing and wheel to wheel racing throughout bode well for the expansion of this series. It seems that as F1 is pricing itself out of the industry FE is getting ready to take its place. It would be fun to watch these cars race on some of the old European F1 tracks and on city streets. I'm hoping for more expansion in the US and Canada as well.
By gdh
That's exactly what we were saying during the race. Another Prost win same location but 35 years later. He was wearing his father's colours/design on his helmet - pretty cool. :clap:

See our F1 related articles too!