FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Anyone going to the Canadian grand prix ?
me and the brother in law are going and and its our first time at a any race so to say we were novices would be an understatement.
I know a little bit about F1 and he knows zero he is only going so he can get his picture taken with the Budweiser Girls.

If anyone is going and wants to meet up for a drinking session let us know .
By 7UpJordan
I thought this was going to be;

ANYBODY GOING TO CANADA...

TO BUY HEAT MAGAZINE!

:lol:
By AKR
You have never been to a GP but are going to Canada from Liverpool for the first time. Thought you would go to the more local GP at Silverstone since it is in the same country and probably only a few hours drive, or what I should say thought you would of been to that race before since it is far more easily accessable. Oh well I am sure Canada will make for a great trip and fantastic GP, especially more if Ferrari wins. ;-). By the way, Bindippers FC are crap. :lol:. GO CHELSEA and FORZA JUVE. :D.
By texasmr2
Its cheaper to go to canada for 5 days then for me to go to silverstone.....

what an age we live in

NS it would probably be cheaper for me to go to Silverstone instead of Montreal! :shock:
By bud
i hear ya! its pretty much the same price for a package for me to go to Malaysia or Singapore GP as Melbourne, only catch with Melbourne is i have a mate who lives there i stay with so accommodation is free
By racechick

It cant be!! Silverstone is £100 3day pass and you camp for 2 nights (£20 a night in the cheap field). Surely you cant beat that for 5 days in canada :shock:
By Denthúl

It cant be!! Silverstone is £100 3day pass and you camp for 2 nights (£20 a night in the cheap field). Surely you cant beat that for 5 days in canada :shock:

Assuming you want to camp. I've had some horrible nights in a tent. :/
By racechick

Assuming you want to camp. I've had some horrible nights in a tent. :/

Thats true but camping puts you in the thick of the apres race action and atmosphere. If I didnt camp i'd just go back home -its only hour and a half -but that means early rirsing and driving through traffic-better to camp :wink:
If your cool with camping then yes thats great

But if you stay in a hotel , bed and breakfast place or a rented
house or apartment its much chreaper abroad

I have booked the German gp for 3 nights £121 and the Italian gp 4 nights £320
I dont think you could get to Silverstone for that price (apart from camping) although £20 a night is about the same as a b+b in Montreal with a cooked breakfast

See our F1 related articles too!