FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By F2004
Well here is a detailed and well reasoned account of the first E race from someone who was there. Someone who sees the issues but also sees the potential. A good read.

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... lic-bread/

Agreed Rc, a great read, I like this snippet

I couldn’t have been more wrong. What I saw today in Beijing got me massively excited for the future of our sport. Was it perfect? No. But was it racing? Was it wheel to wheel, was it gutsy, did I jump out of my seat shouting at the TV? To every question, a resounding YES. It surprised me. And I’m so glad it did.

as a wise man once said, those unable to change or to see the potential for change are truly unintelligent useless consumers of expensive oxygen

Its not even rocket science to see the potential in this - lets look at the facts - fossil fuel burning transportation WILL disappear in the near future, the most viable alternative for mass transportation at the moment appears to be electric powered. For anyone who has enough brain power to understand elementary science - if fossil fuels are getting very hard to mine plus they cause irrepairable damage to the eco system at present usage levels then somethings gotta give

And that something wont be an Internal combustion engine that runs on plentiful and renewable oil or that has no spark plugs :rofl:

You can't be so stupid can you. You never heard of bio fuel and you really don't know that diesel engines have no spark plugs
By 1Lemon
Well here is a detailed and well reasoned account of the first E race from someone who was there. Someone who sees the issues but also sees the potential. A good read.

Good report, although he wasn't there, he even said he was watching it on TV :P
By What's Burning?

In China, they show it on a large TV and tell you that you ARE there.
By 1Lemon

In China, they show it on a large TV and tell you that you ARE there.

Then they tell you to go back to your job, the job they gave you.
By CookinFlat6

You can't be so stupid can you. You never heard of bio fuel and you really don't know that diesel engines have no spark plugs

So diesel is now a bio fuel? or are there F1 cars running deisel engines we didnt know about when it was claimed F1 engines had NO spark plugs???

Or the Tifosi have been drinking some new tonic that helps them understand complex science? They have already declared that the ICE can run on a plentiful and limitless supply of fuel that is safe for the environment. And now the Tifosi top ranking IQ is here to tell us using bio fuels do not cause greenhouse emisions???? OR have any effect on the eco system??

priceless stuff from the passionate ferrari flag wavers, keep the ignorance coming :thumbup:

Read this Einstein -
The payback period, that is, the time it will take biofuels to pay back the carbon debt they acquire due to land-use change, has been estimated to be between 100 and 1000 years, depending on the specific instance and location of land-use change

Yep thats the future of mass transportation alright chaps, we just wont eat anymore :rofl::rofl:

(and just incase the original context passed over your head, - the claim was that electric hybrids are a scam played by some of the manufacturers on ferrari, when there is an alternative plentiful and relevant fuel source for the ICE) but I am sure the tifosi know much much more than the biggest car companies and have worked out that oil is plentiful and bio fuels can be implemented without any impact campared to electric hybrids :rofl: )

good to see the lalaland ferrari hybrid is actually BIO fuel powered :eek:
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 16 Sep 14, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
By 1Lemon
So diesel is now a bio fuel? or are there F1 cars running deisel engines we didnt know about when it was claimed F1 engines had NO spark plugs???

Man you're just not letting that Spark Plug thing go are you?
By racechick

Apologies Lemon, you're right. I skim read it as I had a bus to catch this morning :hehe: . Still a good well reasoned article though.
By Hammer278

Man you're just not letting that Spark Plug thing go are you?

To be fair to him, he had to respond to Schumi's old chassis who seems to be another genius about to save the planet in knowledge on using renewable energies. :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
I used to run my diesel land rover on veg oil. So it must be bio fuel right!?!

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
I used to run my diesel land rover on veg oil. So it must be bio fuel right!?!

Sent using NCC-1701

For sure, however imagine enough veg oil to replace oil for all cars, it would mean we couldnt grow crops and they emit anyway. So this conspiracy against Ferrari is to pretend hybrids are more realistic of an option and therefore more relevant to their car production than windfarms and solar panels and veg oil.

Afterall bio fuels are a limitless supply with no downside (apart from not eating anymore - but we could always drink oil instead) so its nothing to do with protecting the environment its a conspiracy to stop Ferrari winning - Luca, and the smartest Tifosi all said so :thumbup:

Research is ongoing into finding more suitable biofuel crops and improving the oil yields of these crops. Using the current yields, vast amounts of land and fresh water would be needed to produce enough oil to completely replace fossil fuel usage. It would require twice the land area of the US to be devoted to soybean production, or two-thirds to be devoted to rapeseed production, to meet current US heating and transportation needs

So apart from those in lalaland, who seriously thinks bio fuel is more relevant than hybrids to the major manufacturers in F1, who all made the decision 5 years ago to move away from the old ICE? Lets forget ferrari themselves make a hybrid and not a veg oil car who still thinks it was a conspiracy against ferrari?

Who agrees with these gems
In moving to hybrid we are transferring from a plentiful and renewable fuel source (food for the ICE) to one of the rarest and most finite commodities on earth which is essentially only found in one location on the planet

The move to this new F1-hybrid has nothing to do with being green or saving the planet or even about the renewable food for ICE's - its all about suiting some of the production car industry and making F1 suit their business model.
By Jabberwocky
Wasn't there a top gear episode where they had a field of crops and got the oil out of it and it was a minute amount

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
yes and ended up cost 20 x the price of oil, but never mind the tifosi in lalaland impressed all with their in depth knowledge of jack squat by insisting oil or bio fuels were more relevant for the lowly production car F1 companies ( not Ferrari the noble ENGINE making expert) and it was just a scam to suit their wicked business aims (of selling cars that the public can actually drive to the shops without having a rain forest on tap in the back garden)

but Luca said so and so it was said by the tifosi, and now MM actually says they have a crap engine and must improve it (not call for a return to v12 leaded petrol guzzlers) and so the Tifosi have jumped on bio fuels to sound knowledgeable and if anyone actually notices what a load of :bs: it is

then QUICK, LOCK THE THREAD
By Hammer278
To be fair to the concerned party(ies), he/she is posting a lot less, probably forced to follow that old mantra.....better to shut up than speak and prove you're a fool. :hehe:
By F2004

Or the Tifosi have been drinking some new tonic that helps them understand complex science? They have already declared that the ICE can run on a plentiful and limitless supply of fuel that is safe for the environment. And now the Tifosi top ranking IQ is here to tell us using bio fuels do not cause greenhouse emisions???? OR have any effect on the eco system??

priceless stuff from the passionate ferrari flag wavers, keep the ignorance coming :thumbup:

Read this Einstein -
The payback period, that is, the time it will take biofuels to pay back the carbon debt they acquire due to land-use change, has been estimated to be between 100 and 1000 years, depending on the specific instance and location of land-use change

Yep thats the future of mass transportation alright chaps, we just wont eat anymore :rofl::rofl:

(and just incase the original context passed over your head, - the claim was that electric hybrids are a scam played by some of the manufacturers on ferrari, when there is an alternative plentiful and relevant fuel source for the ICE) but I am sure the tifosi know much much more than the biggest car companies and have worked out that oil is plentiful and bio fuels can be implemented without any impact campared to electric hybrids :rofl: )

good to see the lalaland ferrari hybrid is actually BIO fuel powered :eek:

Next to the BS you spew out, everyone looks like Einstein. Do you realise how stupid everything your said is. Someone might think that in all that spew you accidently say something right but you got zero. Yep diesel can be bio and you said internal combustion engines and spark plugs, so, you edited , a diesel is an internal combustion engine that has no spark plugs. biomass and biofuels can come from lots other places not just farms, so your stupid comments about cant grow enough mean nothing. Biomass can come from water, oceans, algae, garbage dumps, sewerage as well as what you grow. But you go on living in your lalalala land thinking the forumla e cars were so green seemings as they got their electricity from nice clean safe NUCLEAR power in China. Lets stick those nice clean spent rods up you and then tell us how clean it is.

Edited by Racechick. Please stick to arguing your point not name calling other members, this is against forum rules.
By Hammer278
<EDITED WB, If you feel a post breaks forum guidelines, please use our report function>

I'm sure I missed a couple of other forum 'commandments'. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!