FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
I mean a few weeks back when she was 'a few tenths off' Massa's pace, but Massa's pace was about seven tenths off Williams pace.

Surely Williams pace was whatever the fastest Williams was of that session. Therefore only 2/10 off.
By racechick
I mean a few weeks back when she was 'a few tenths off' Massa's pace, but Massa's pace was about seven tenths off Williams pace.

Then you must mean last Friday , when she was two tenths off Massa on the Friday morning practice. Massa qualified fourth the following day, and Suzi was only two tenths of him the day before. Not bad.
By racechick
And that's great, but if Suzi does it it won't be because it's not on merit.
By Jabberwocky
There is a lot of drivers in F1 who have not got there on merit

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
Indeed there are.
By LRW
Alice Powell will do F1 on merit

Sent using NCC-1701

Really? Because last time I looked (albeit on wiki) I couldn't see her actually racing in. Formula this year (or last from memory).

I could of course be totally wrong.

EDIT. Raced F3 last year. According to Wikipedia there is nothing this year. And her website hasn't been updated in over a year. Maybe she needs to marry Eric Boullier. Or Claire Williams.
By Jabberwocky
There was a blurb about her in the newspaper a few weeks ago. Will see if I can find it

Sent using NCC-1701
By LRW
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/30234094

Susie Wolff will stay at the Williams team next season in an enhanced role as test driver.

The 31-year-old Scot was development driver this year but her position will be expanded in 2015 to include two runs in Friday practice and two tests.

The move comes after Wolff impressed in an outing in free practice at the German Grand Prix this year.

"I'm really happy to be able to carry on and get more time in the car," Wolff told BBC Sport. That was the most important aspect.
"I'm incredibly proud of what the team have achieved this year and I hope we can continue that development next year."

Williams have finished third in the constructors' championship this season, a year after suffering the worst season in their history, following a major internal restructuring and a switch from Renault to Mercedes engines.

This year, Wolff did a day's test in Barcelona in May, before two planned outings in free practice at the British and German races.
Her outing at Silverstone ended after less than a lap when her car suffered engine failure.

But at Hockenheim she completed a full session and ended up with a time just 0.227 seconds slower than race driver Felipe Massa, an 11-time grand prix winner.
Williams's reserve driver Felipe Nasr has moved to race for Sauber in 2015.

It is not clear whether Williams will replace him, but Wolff is in any case expected to be the prime driver for the team at tests other than the race drivers Massa and Valtteri Bottas.
By racechick
:clap: Good for Suzie. I'm pleased for her. I really like Suzie.
By Jabberwocky
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/30234094

Susie Wolff will stay at the Williams team next season in an enhanced role as test driver.

The 31-year-old Scot was development driver this year but her position will be expanded in 2015 to include two runs in Friday practice and two tests.

The move comes after Wolff impressed in an outing in free practice at the German Grand Prix this year.

"I'm really happy to be able to carry on and get more time in the car," Wolff told BBC Sport. That was the most important aspect.
"I'm incredibly proud of what the team have achieved this year and I hope we can continue that development next year."

Williams have finished third in the constructors' championship this season, a year after suffering the worst season in their history, following a major internal restructuring and a switch from Renault to Mercedes engines.

This year, Wolff did a day's test in Barcelona in May, before two planned outings in free practice at the British and German races.
Her outing at Silverstone ended after less than a lap when her car suffered engine failure.

But at Hockenheim she completed a full session and ended up with a time just 0.227 seconds slower than race driver Felipe Massa, an 11-time grand prix winner.
Williams's reserve driver Felipe Nasr has moved to race for Sauber in 2015.

It is not clear whether Williams will replace him, but Wolff is in any case expected to be the prime driver for the team at tests other than the race drivers Massa and Valtteri Bottas.

:clap: Good for Suzie. I'm pleased for her. I really like Suzie.

Me too. :twisted:

But I fear in different ways
By racechick
I hope JEV, stays in. I really like him too :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!