FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

...Ever since his incident at Imola with DC and showing him the finger,...

Bloody hell I remember that! 2005? Seems ages ago. :eek:
Drivers are employees, employees do what they are told.

Sent using NCC-1701

Drivers aren't employees as such - they are independent contractors, hence they can have substantially different contract terms, levels of pay etc. It might seem like a petty point, but it's not, as legal rights and obligations vary hugely between those two types of worker.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Are you saying independent contractors don't have to do what his current pay master says?

Sent using NCC-1701

No, what I'm saying is that the contracts of drivers are likely to be significantly different to the other standard employees at the team. They will include different variations of standard contract terms, some terms which are completely unique, and potentially a section on the duties and responsibilities of both parties to the contract, including areas such as team orders and whether they must be explicit or can be inferred.

You see strictly speaking, Massa is correct - and although it is indeed a team sport, there are two championships. Imposing team orders at such a stage UNLESS somebody has an express contract term that they are the 'second' driver, would be an interference with their pursuit of the WDC, and so cannot legally be considered to be 'absolute' orders as such.

What employment law (for which I am in charge of at my University and responsible for external auditing of at another University in London) states is that an employee (and possibly other catefories of worker) has a duty to obey orders from the employer that are "lawful and reasonable". The problem is that the view which Massa is perfectly entitled to hold and argue - and YES then to answer your question partially - means that a worker does NOT have to do EVERY potential thing that the pay master says.
I always demand a bowl of m&m's with the brown ones taken out.

Sounds fair to me! :D
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By 1Lemon
I'd steal her booty.

Thank you, thank you I'll be here all week.
:rofl::rofl:
By sagi58
 wrote:">Massa set for 200th start at Silverstone

Felipe Massa will reach a landmark this weekend at the British Grand Prix when he makes his 200th start in Formula 1.

The Brazilian, who took pole position in Austria two weeks ago and who finished fourth in the race - one spot behind Williams team-mate, Valtteri Bottas, made his debut at the pinnacle of the sport back in 2002 with Sauber.

Since then he has taken in 201 F1 races, although he didn't start the event in the USA in 2005 – none of the Michelin runners did that year due to problems with the tyres, while he of course missed the race in Hungry in 2009 after his life threatening accident in qualifying.

"Silverstone will be a special race, not just because it is the team's [Williams'] home race, but also because I shall celebrate my 200th Grand Prix," said Massa, who has been reinvigorated since his move to the Grove team over the winter after a long spell at Ferrari.

"British fans are passionate about Formula One and it will be great to see the support for the team," he continued.

"It will be interesting to see if we can maintain the pace we had in Austria, but the main focus will be on getting some good points," he added.
I like him. There was the patch when he kept crashing with Lewis :irked: but other than that I really like him. Hope he goes well at Silverstone, be great for Williams if Felipe got on the podium.

See our F1 related articles too!