FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By millfish222
Niki Lauda, for me was the best driver of his era winning 25 races and winning Monaco twice and winning the drivers championship 3 times. He drove for:
March
BRM
Ferrari
Brabham
McLaren
He finally won his first race in his fourth year of racing in F1, while driving for Ferrari.
Sadly i was not able to see Niki racing but i wish i could have.
By Denthúl
What I find to be truly remarkable is that his third title was won after he came out of retirement. I think he's the only driver ever to do that.
By texasmr2
Nikki was truelly amazing! He retired to put more time into his airline Lauda Air but the pull of F1 was too strong and he played his card's like a true former champion to secure his 3rd title.
By texasmr2
Stunning driver. I wish i was able to watch him drive

He was amazing and I'm very happy I witnessed his last WDC firsthand.
By McLaren Fan
He was a great all-rounder, much like Sir Jackie Stewart, and had an excellent ability to get the best out of his careers. Despite bailing out of the Japanese Grand Prix in 1976, even getting back into a Formula One at all, let alone in anger, was a feat of bravery. Not only that, he speaks his mind and is an honest fellow, for instance, about his relationship with Alain Prost at McLaren. Whereas Hamilton and Alonso are denying doing anything wrong, Lauda held his hand up to some of the shenanigans, and didn't criticise Prost for doing the same.
By millfish222
I saw his crash this morning. I was amazed that he even got back into an F1 car. And then to win another championship quite a acheivment.
By darwin dali
What I find to be truly remarkable is that his third title was won after he came out of retirement. I think he's the only driver ever to do that.

AP had a 'sabbatical' in 1992 and turned champion in 1993 (his 4th title).

See our F1 related articles too!