FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
...I demand ...the word "OIL <3" on the rear ring.

:confused: Oil Love? :confused:
By geetface9
...I demand ...the word "OIL <3" on the rear ring.

:confused: Oil Love? :confused:

Cuz we fight wars over it :rofl:
By What's Burning?
If they have an ugly boring livery I won't be happy. I demand American flags, Eagles and the word "OIL <3" on the rear ring.

You watch your step, otherwise we'll never make a movie for you to watch ever again.
By Ichabod
If they have an ugly boring livery I won't be happy. I demand American flags, Eagles and the word "OIL <3" on the rear ring.

You watch your step, otherwise we'll never make a movie for you to watch ever again.

Its ok, all the good ones are made in the UK any way :whip:
By LRW

Its ok, all the good ones are made in the UK any way :whip:

Yeah, like Full Monty and..... :shock:
By 1Lemon
Shirlock and the Italian Job.
By Hammer278
JAMES BOND!

....wait.
By LRW
There are a few decent movies to come out of the UK. They are all a bit dated now though:

Withnail and I
Trainspotting
American Werewolf in London

[/offtopic]
By What's Burning?
I'm a bit confused, in the first part of his Forbes interview, apparently he said he had no interest in F1 originally even when asked to join the stillborn USF1 entry, but in the second portion he says he doesn't understand why none of the "super rich Americans" want to sit at the table and do this... :confused:
ESPNF1 Gene Haas says his entry into Formula One represents a big turnaround in his opinion of the sport after he rejected the opportunity to personally invest in the ill-fated US F1 team.

The US F1 team was a failed venture backed by YouTube founder Chad Hurley and former Haas NASCAR team member Ken Anderson which failed to make the grid in 2010. Though US F1 was due to use Haas' North Carolina base, which will be the headquarters for Haas Formula from 2016, the American says he was not a fan of the proposed entry.

"I had known Ken Anderson for a while and he introduced me to his US F1 project," Haas told Forbes. "I saw a little bit of it with that YouTube person Chad Hurley who was pretty enthusiastic about it and was trying to get me involved but I was saying that it's not something I'm really interested in."

An approach from former Red Bull technical director Guenther Steiner changed Haas' mind for a fresh entry, as well as the relaxing of customer car rules from 2015 onwards which allows teams to buy more parts from other outfits on the grid.

"Maybe a year after talking to Ken Anderson, Guenther kind of approached [NASCAR team vice president] Joe Custer and myself and he said 'hey would you guys be interested in doing a customer type deal?' He was saying we could do this for a very reasonable price and that discussion went on for a while back and forth. I started watching the races more out of curiosity about it.

"I was kind of amazed that there weren't more people trying to do it. There are so many super rich people in America I kind of thought 'why haven't any other Americans done this?' There's a lot of interest but nobody seems to want to sit round the table and do it."
By Jabberwocky
I think he is on about why aren't people interested in customer cars.

I can not imagine customer cars doing that well. I am sure if someone gave Caterham a latest spec Mercedes this year they still would not make the podium

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!