FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
The Vatican should bring its Canon Law in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which the Holy See ratified in 1990.

“In dealing with allegations of child sexual abuse, the Holy See has consistently placed the preservation of the reputation of the Church and the protection of the perpetrators above children's best interests."

"The Committee is gravely concerned that the Holy See has not acknowledged the extent of the crimes committed, has not taken the necessary measures to address cases of child sexual abuse and to protect children, and has adopted policies and practices which have led to the continuation of the abuse by and the impunity of the perpetrators."

The panel urged the Vatican to stop the transfer of abusers and suspected abusers, which amounted to covering up the crimes. A Vatican commission created last year should investigate "all cases of child sexual abuse as well as the conduct of the Catholic hierarchy in dealing with them".

It called on the Vatican to "immediately remove all known and suspected child sexual abusers from assignment and refer the matter to the relevant law enforcement authorities for investigation and prosecution purposes".

The Vatican should provide training on child rights to all priests and members of Catholic orders and institutions working with children.

Reply from Vatican

The Vatican said the 2014 UN report on sexual abuse of children by clergy was distorted, unfair and ideologically biased.

Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, responding to criticisms in the report on the Church's stance on homosexuality, abortion and contraception, also said the world body cannot ask the Church to change its "non-negotiable" moral teachings.

He told Vatican Radio that non-governmental organisations which favour gay marriage probably influenced the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child to reinforce an "ideological line" in the report.

:yikes::rolleyes::banghead::rolleyes::yikes:
Individual UN countries could indict Vatican officials for not heeding to the guidelines in their own countries if a priest there gets charged with umpalumpa crimes or there is a cover up. But there probably isnt extradition treaty with the Vatican. so they could just sit there and stick their fingers up at the UN, like when they setup the ratline to get Nazis to South America after the war

Maybe they could be charged with crimes against humanity

Bunch of corrupt scumbag mumbo jumbo merchants (the Vatican officials that is, apologies to the pious Catholics out there)
I can't believe they hide away these umpalumpa offenders and protect them :yikes: I know there's lots of umpalumpa offenders in priests. Proportionally, career wise, priesting seems to attract greater numbers. It's weird because they preach about leading a better life and **** kids :shrug: Why do they do that?hypocrites as well. Do you think they do it because they know they get the protection, so they go for preaching? Or do you think the preaching drives them doo lally?
I know people will say ...but there's child rapists everywhere, thing is they're not protected by their work place if they get caught. Why aren't the top dog priests stopping them raping kids? I can't get my head round how these people, the perpetrators and the protectors can live with themselves.
I can't believe they hide away these umpalumpa offenders and protect them :yikes: I know there's lots of umpalumpa offenders in priests. Proportionally, career wise, priesting seems to attract greater numbers. It's weird because they preach about leading a better life and **** kids :shrug: Why do they do that?hypocrites as well. Do you think they do it because they know they get the protection, so they go for preaching? Or do you think the preaching drives them doo lally?
I know people will say ...but there's child rapists everywhere, thing is they're not protected by their work place if they get caught. Why aren't the top dog priests stopping them raping kids? I can't get my head round how these people, the perpetrators and the protectors can live with themselves.

Because they don't remember whether they knew that it was illegal... :rolleyes:

Because they don't remember whether they knew that it was illegal... :rolleyes:

:thud: words fail!

See our F1 related articles too!