FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I was just a kid at the time, amazing driver. I've been trying to download some of his races to watch between this season's races. Watched Donnington Park recently, amazing race.

As far as the Williams car goes, I suspect if they got the car figured out quickly he would have stayed for another year. But he was very uncomfortable those first few races it seems.

Very few could have raced against him, and the competition with Prost is legendary. Can watch the onboard video at Monaco any time.
By sagi58
 wrote:">Photos: Senna's F1 cars through the years

1984 Monaco Grand Prix Monte Carlo, Monaco. Ayrton Senna, Toleman

Estoril, Portugal. 19-21 April 1985. Ayrton Senna (Lotus 97T Renault) 1st position.

Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France. 4-6 July 1986. Ayrton Senna (Lotus 98T Renault) leads Nigel Mansell
(Williams FW11 Honda) at the start.

Monte Carlo, Monaco. 28-31 May 1987. Ayrton Senna (Lotus 99T Honda) 1st position at the
Swimming Pool complex.

Hockenheim, Germany. 22nd - 24th July 1988. Ayrton Senna (McLaren MP4/4-Honda), 1st position, action.

Monte Carlo, Monaco. 4-7 May 1989. Ayrton Senna (McLaren MP4/5 Honda) 1st position leads
teammate Alain Prost (McLaren MP4/5 Honda) through Ste. Devote.

1990 Belgian Grand Prix. Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium. 24-26 August 1990. Ayrton Senna
(McLaren Honda) 1st position.

1991 Australian Grand Prix. Adelaide, Australia. 1-3 November 1991. Ayrton Senna
(McLaren MP4/6 Honda) 1st position with Nigel Mansell (Williams FW14 Renault) behind.

1992 Monaco Grand Prix. Monte Carlo, Monaco. 28-31 May 1992. Ayrton Senna
(McLaren MP4/7A Honda) 1st position with Nigel Mansell (Williams FW14B Renault)
2nd position close behind, trying to pass in the last few laps of the race.

Donington Park, England. 9th - 11th April 1993. Ayrton Senna (McLaren MP4/8 Ford)
1st position.

Ayrton Senna (Williams FW16 Renault) during the 1994 San Marino GP, where he was
tradgically killed after an accident on the start of lap 7.

:yes: great pics of a great driver.
Lewis talking about how Senna inspired him, how he wanted to emulate Senna's approach to racing. Ayrton Senna, the best ever.
http://www.lewishamilton.com/post/senna-hero/
In the zone.......like no one else. A completely amazing driver.
By sagi58
It was just a split second; but, it shows me just how "intense" he was, as he walks along,
he is flexing his fingers, as if trying to loosen up the tension for the race. Beautiful!

Hi lads.

Because it is 20 years on after the darkest day in Motorsport, I watched countless tape recordings of races I recorded back in the 1990's. I've also been racing through so many videos of Ayrton on Youtube, what a driver! I'm particularly fascinated by his methodical quotes, as most of them are meaningful and worth remembering.

I went on Amazon and tried to find a book which contains some of his words, but to no avail. I did find the Kindle book "The Helmet Hides Feelings: The Words of Ayrton Senna" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Helmet-Hide ... rton+Senna)

But it is only available in Kindle form, not as a book.

Do any of you know of a paperback book which is full of Ayrton Senna Quotes?

I presume you've read 'Ayrton Senna, the hard edge of genius' by Christopher Hilton? It's not just quotes, it's his story , but it has quotes in it.
By sagi58
Hi lads...

And, from one of the "lassies", let me welcome you to the forum!!
((Yes, I already did just that in the other thread!! :wavey: ))

See our F1 related articles too!