FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
How odd; this is what is should look like (just higher quality, the forum only allows for 250KB attachments); I have tested in IE9/10, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and even Safari (on PC).

mboscreenshot.jpg

May I ask what browser and OS you are using?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well, that would be the problem, then!! The desktop I'm at, right now,
is a VERY old clunker that has sentimental value! :blush:

Will check on my laptop tomorrow!! Thanks for the info!!
And, my apologies if I've wasted your time! :wavey:
Well, that would be the problem, then!! The desktop I'm at, right now,
is a VERY old clunker that has sentimental value! :blush:

Will check on my laptop tomorrow!! Thanks for the info!!
And, my apologies if I've wasted your time! :wavey:

No worries, I like constructive criticism; I'm a IT professional who does websites and marketing for a living; I want it to work for everyone!
Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix 2014

Lewis Hamilton put his Australia engine woes behind him with a pole to flag victory leading team mate Nico Rosberg home by 17 seconds to record the first Mercedes 1-2 since 1955. Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel also put Australia behind him to record his first podium of the season.

Continue Reading...
Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2014

Lewis Hamilton claimed his second successive victory of the season in Bahrain holding off team mate Nico Rosberg on the option tyre during the final ten laps after a six lap safety car period while Esteban Gutierrez’ car was cleared from the outside of turn 1 for Mercedes’ second 1-2 of the season.

Continue Reading...
A correction MOA, Maldonado was additionally handed 3 penalty points and. Five grid penalty in China. Still lenient in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads-up WB; guess I should have researched a little harder before writing the article!
F1 Budget Caps: Why do teams have the power to make policy?

The top teams in the F1 Strategy Group have yet again vetoed a budget cap for the sport in 2015. I am surprised by two of the teams in the strategy group voting against a budget cap, those teams being Williams and Lotus who have both had cash-flow issues in recent years. Obviously the four smaller outfits Force India, Sauber, Caterham and Marussia has not reacted well to this decision.

Continue Reading...
Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix 2014

Lewis Hamilton won his third consecutive race to close to within four points of his Mercedes team mate, Nico Rosberg at the Chinese Grand Prix; which was shorter than expected much to the chagrin of Kamui Kobayashi who overtook Jules Bianchi on what should have been the final lap!

Continue Reading...

I would imagine the FIA's reasoning for this would be that if they are involved, the teams are more likely to adhere to the budget.
Personally, I don't see how anyone could possibly enforce a budget cap, except after the fact, when an audit can be completed and,
even then, there are ways to "hide" costs/expenses, if you know what you're doing.
Also, I like the idea of sharing the profits in a more equitable fashion!!

I would imagine the FIA's reasoning for this would be that if they are involved, the teams are more likely to adhere to the budget.
Personally, I don't see how anyone could possibly enforce a budget cap, except after the fact, when an audit can be completed and,
even then, there are ways to "hide" costs/expenses, if you know what you're doing.
Also, I like the idea of sharing the profits in a more equitable fashion!!

I understand it's not an easy proposition to enforce; but something needs to happen and fast; the smaller budgeted teams are falling further and further behind in the financial resource race, having to take on Maldonado's just to survive; do we want half the grid made up of pay drivers just to make it to the start line?
I understand it's not an easy proposition to enforce; but something needs to happen and fast; the smaller budgeted teams are falling further and further behind in the financial resource race, having to take on Maldonado's just to survive; do we want half the grid made up of pay drivers just to make it to the start line?

Those are all valid points and probably why the FIA want all the teams at the table.

Those are all valid points and probably why the FIA want all the teams at the table.

That's something that baffles me; why only the big six? all 11 teams should be represented! Either the governing body should set the rules independently of the teams or all teams should have equal power to legislate; there is a very unequal balance of resource share and power in F1; I believe that needs to change for there to continue to be 11+ teams on the grid! As my article says; there's a huge gulf between top teams and also-rans, almost £200m.
Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix 2014

Lewis Hamilton claimed his fourth successive Grand Prix victory of the 2014 season to take the lead in the world drivers championship as Mercedes claim another 1 – 2 finish at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona. Daniel Ricciardo finally scored his first podium he’s allowed to keep, remembering back to being stripped of his second place in Melbourne because of Red Bull’s fuel-flow arrogance.

Continue Reading...

See our F1 related articles too!