FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Jabberwocky
It is because some of Ukraine speaks Russian. So Russia is saying that they are Russians. Much like WW2 and Germany invading the Polish

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
Well even the people that speak Russian in the Ukraine don't want the Russians invading. How is this any different than Georgia in 2008? The Russian government... ah who am I kidding, Putin has decided what he want to do and whatever the western alliances do, sanctions, freezing assets, embargo, is something he's willing to match like for like until everyone capitulates to his will.

Angela Merkel said it best. "he's in another planet".
By CookinFlat6
It's no different from Georgia. Russia want a government in place that's sympathetic. It doesn't want a true independent state that could compromise it's interests or strategic defense plans.
The excuse of having to protect ethnic Russians is the standard real politik euphemism for annexing part or all of a neighbour. Like the nazis in sudenten checkosolvkia, like Stalin in Poland etc
Will they take part of the country or all of the country? Whichever works better for them
Will the west or anyone else do a thing? Do catholic priests enjoy buggery?
By Jabberwocky
What worries me is that we will be on the side of Germany, And they never win world wars

Sent using NCC-1701
By Hammer278
By Ichabod
What worries me is that we will be on the side of Germany, And they never win world wars

Sent using NCC-1701

Just imagine how powerful Germany would have been with us on their side though :yikes:
By bud

Third time lucky for Deutschland!
By LRW

Ha ha. That one actually made me laugh Hammer. Gold star ;)

Anyway, carry on with your sensible conversation.
By Hammer278

Ha ha. That one actually made me laugh Hammer. Gold star ;)

Anyway, carry on with your sensible conversation.

By 1Lemon
I just saw this on BBC news and thought it was quite interesting.

See our F1 related articles too!