FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
Also puts McLaren in bad light for future talent...when they are in midfield teams and think of moving upwards, McLaren will come with the Perez story, and immediately other top teams would look slightly more appealing. McLaren's never done this before...at least since I started watching F1. The young guys they've taken have become stars (Kimi, Lewis) ok Heikki didn't but McLaren gave him more than enough time and he just couldn't cut it. Perez has been performing and they axed him in less than a year after all the "he's a rough diamond, we're hiring him to make him a star", ....and now it all makes it look like dogsh*t treatment.
By What's Burning?
In the episode of Tooned where they introduce Sergio, the final scene is Ron wringing his hands and saying Hmmm... this might work out rather well. :rofl:
By NHcheese
When I looked at the thread Sergio Perez after a week without Internet, I thought to myself for a split second "who is that guy again?"
By What's Burning?
After Melbourne, I summarized my impression for the tone of the season as being "more driver, less car" I think Checo agrees.

ESPNF1 "Malaysia was quite a boring race," Perez said. "F1 has changed a lot. There's less downforce in the tyres, and although Pirelli is going really aggressive with the new harder tyre compounds degradation is not really improving. It's because you are sliding a lot so you are degrading like it was a softer compound. The lack of downforce makes following the cars difficult. Also the lack of grip that you have on the grid is really a lot, and there's more torque. The pace that we saw compared to last year was amazing, in Malaysia it was really, really slow. The racing is more difficult these days."

"It's easier to make a mistake but it's not only that. It's the fact that you degrade the tyres by sliding more, by following a car you lose a lot of downforce, so that makes things harder for us a driver to attack someone who is on a similar pace to you."
By racechick
After Melbourne, I summarized my impression for the tone of the season as being "more driver, less car" I think Checo agrees.

ESPNF1 "Malaysia was quite a boring race," Perez said. "F1 has changed a lot. There's less downforce in the tyres, and although Pirelli is going really aggressive with the new harder tyre compounds degradation is not really improving. It's because you are sliding a lot so you are degrading like it was a softer compound. The lack of downforce makes following the cars difficult. Also the lack of grip that you have on the grid is really a lot, and there's more torque. The pace that we saw compared to last year was amazing, in Malaysia it was really, really slow. The racing is more difficult these days."

"It's easier to make a mistake but it's not only that. It's the fact that you degrade the tyres by sliding more, by following a car you lose a lot of downforce, so that makes things harder for us a driver to attack someone who is on a similar pace to you."

Which pleases me. If the cars are difficult and the drivers have to be more skilfull to drive them, It sorts the men from the boys by talent. That's what I want to see even if it means the top speed is slower. It's slower but that's because the drivers skill won't let it go any faster or they crash, whereas last year the tyres just gave up. Stil issues this year but it's better than last. I'm loving seeing the cars trying to get away and the drivers struggling. Less speed better car control needed , better racing.
By What's Burning?

Which pleases me. If the cars are difficult and the drivers have to be more skilfull to drive them, It sorts the men from the boys by talent. That's what I want to see even if it means the top speed is slower. It's slower but that's because the drivers skill won't let it go any faster or they crash, whereas last year the tyres just gave up. Stil issues this year but it's better than last. I'm loving seeing the cars trying to get away and the drivers struggling. Less speed better car control needed , better racing.

I like it when you're pleased. :wink:
By racechick

I like it when you're pleased. :wink:

:D I'm glad you like it when I'm pleased! I don't get too pleased do I? I think I've been a bit over pleased on another thread. Excess wine makes one very pleased!
By Hammer278
And I'm glad you like it when WB likes it when you're pleased.

Room available for a third wheel?:blush:
By Hammer278
Happy for Perez, but I hope it's not a track specific thing like Massa and his beloved Turkey.

If Perez keeps this up consistently, the Hulk will have a fight on his hands.
By LewEngBridewell
Well done Perez, that was a hark back to his Sauber days, where he put in some stunning podium drives. :)
By geetface9
Well done Perez!! Smoking hulkenberg once again after starting the race from behind!! Better tire management, better race craft, better driver.
Bad luck for perez today getting tagged by vergne and then the red flag which blew his podium chances via epic tire strategy/management
We never know which Perez will show up on Sunday, undoubtably he can be fast but it's clear that he, like others on the grid has a very tight operating window, outside if which he's very inefficient.

See our F1 related articles too!