FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
To be fair to Ferrari, they stuck with him for the last few years. If I was Ferrari team boss I would not of kept signing him on after his accident

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
Even if the Williams is faster than the Ferrari at the start, I cannot see Massa beating Alonso over the year. We saw what Alonso did to Seb who had a much better car and I( reckon Massa is much weaker than Seb. In fact I dont even see Massa beating Bo77as especially if he starts getting some type of Alonso number 1 driver syndrome or becomes complacent.
By operaman
To be fair to Ferrari, they stuck with him for the last few years. If I was Ferrari team boss I would not of kept signing him on after his accident

Sent using NCC-1701

I agree. I think Ferrari showed a tremendous amount of class standing by Massa, following his accident. Almost enough to counter the lack of class in their dealings with Kimi.
By sagi58

Sent using NCC-1701

I agree. I think Ferrari showed a tremendous amount of class standing by Massa, following his accident. Almost enough to counter the lack of class in their dealings with Kimi.

I wasn't happy with the "final" decision, either; however, they've redeemed themselves fully,
in my eyes, by getting Kimi back!! :D
By operaman

Sent using NCC-1701

I wasn't happy with the "final" decision, either; however, they've redeemed themselves fully,
in my eyes, by getting Kimi back!! :D

Only if the car they provide him with this year, is as competitive as the 2007/2008 Ferraris.
By 1Lemon
Hopefully massa will get the boost he needs and frankly deserves.
By sagi58
Since this conversation had nothing to do with the Mercedes Support thread, I moved it here to respond to it.
Should have done it, before responding the first time, eh? :banghead:

...Lol what a loser. [Massa] Can't take it that the better driver won that year. Bet he still thinks he lost it all because of the Singapore GP.

I beg to differ! I'm sure that any driver at this level of competition would recognize that a season isn't won or lost in one race.
Sure, in retrospect, when a driver wins/loses by one point, it can be argued that points coulda... shoulda... woulda... been had
in any one particular race; but, in the end, it's a season long endeavour, even if it is a nail-biter from beginning to end.

I'm sorry but have you seen his comments about that year? He was particularly angry with Nelsinho and the times he kept repeating to the media of how "he should've won the Singapore GP and thus the Championship"...did you miss all this? He's made quite an effort to remind everyone about how his Singapore GP got screwed (factually it was his own mechanics who f**ked him up :hehe: ) and some people still haven't heard all this moaning, poor Flipper.

I'm sorry; but, do you realize that F1 drivers are human? That they actually feel disappointment and frustration?
That they say things, in the heat of the moment, that they may later regret? Or, is that only a characteristic that
is acceptable only in your own favourite driver? 2008 was not meant to be! Sure, it's easy to be philosophical and
to wax lyrical; but, it is what it is. That was the closest Massa got to the WDC, possibly the closest he will ever get.

p.s. Mind you, I could see where it's easier to deflect comments/opinions about that final race in Brazil! :P
By Hammer278
This was no heat of the moment, he said this in interviews more than a YEAR after that season. Does that count as 'heat of the moment', if so I'm sorry the guy needs to be on some Prosaic medication. :hehe:
By racechick
Hopefully massa will get the boost he needs and frankly deserves.

(FRANK )ly :clap:
By What's Burning?
I wonder how much defense of Massa we'll have from the Tifosi as he's blowing by Kimi and Alonso. :hehe:
By sagi58
This was no heat of the moment, he said this in interviews more than a YEAR after that season. Does that count as 'heat of the moment', if so I'm sorry the guy needs to be on some Prosaic medication. :hehe:

Going after a team/fellow countryman, who admitted/were found guilty of fixing the race will have been more
popular/realistic with F1 fans, than going after Hamilton and Glock with an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory, eh!!
By sagi58
I wonder how much defense of Massa we'll have from the Tifosi as he's blowing by Kimi and Alonso. :hehe:

He is no longer Ferrari, therefore, some of us won't be defending him! :D
By sagi58
As much as I feel badly for Massa to have to hear these words, so early in the season,
at least, at Ferrari he knew what to expect before he signed on the dotted line!

, Pete Gill wrote:">2014 Malaysia GP

...post-race intrigue focused on Williams after a grouchy Felipe Massa refused to obey instructions to let Valtteri Bottas through and opted to hang on to a rebellious seventh.

"I was there, I was fighting," said Massa. "He wasn't on a different strategy to me, he stopped just after me and his tyre was slightly better, but not enough to pass me. What I did was the right thing."

Poor Felipe. After four years of playing second fiddle to Alonso at Ferrari, unedifying echoes of 'Fernando is faster than you' have already followed him to Williams, with the Brazilian adamant afterwards that his refusal to comply was justified and Deputy Team Principal Claire Williams striving desperately to douse the flames of indignation on either side of the garage...
By 1Lemon
As much as I feel badly for Massa to have to hear these words, so early in the season,
at least, at Ferrari he knew what to expect before he signed on the dotted line!

, Pete Gill wrote:">2014 Malaysia GP

...post-race intrigue focused on Williams after a grouchy Felipe Massa refused to obey instructions to let Valtteri Bottas through and opted to hang on to a rebellious seventh.

"I was there, I was fighting," said Massa. "He wasn't on a different strategy to me, he stopped just after me and his tyre was slightly better, but not enough to pass me. What I did was the right thing."

Poor Felipe. After four years of playing second fiddle to Alonso at Ferrari, unedifying echoes of 'Fernando is faster than you' have already followed him to Williams, with the Brazilian adamant afterwards that his refusal to comply was justified and Deputy Team Principal Claire Williams striving desperately to douse the flames of indignation on either side of the garage...

To be fair, Bottas had been told not to pass at the start of the race, which he did. Then Massa was told to let Bottas thorough which he didn't. After being told that message, Massa set a faster lap then radioed in "See now I'm quicker" so why was he holding something in reserve?

Williams are not a hand-holding team who care about the driver's feelings; the drivers and employees and as long as they do well and what they are told they couldn't ask for more; look at how they used to just ditch their previous WDCs because someone new came along.
I always felt this guy is a bit of a t*at. Ever since his incident at Imola with DC and showing him the finger, the guy seems to have very little class as an individual to me and this race was another tick in the box reaffirming my view. He doesn't mention any favours done for him but immediately wails and whines when he feels hard done by.

I might be in the minority here but in whatever words the engineer said it in, an order is an order. If Massa was given the favour at the start he was already in debt to repay it if the need was there for the team, and the need arose. Let's face it, neither was going for a win or a podium but every WCC point matters for a privateer team which doesn't exactly have infinite resources at its disposal. If the team felt Bottas had a better chance they had every right to make that call.

If we're on that 'racing drivers should race' argument I wouldn't be against it but then we'd have to be complaining about Williams' call for Bottas to hold back at the start as well.

See our F1 related articles too!