FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
Pleased for him, he's earnt that.

I agree RC. Not only did he have a good finishing record, he was less of a hazard than most ... including some much more experienced drivers in better cars. :clap:

It's hard to hit anyone when you're stone dead last and never passing anyone.
By operaman

I agree RC. Not only did he have a good finishing record, he was less of a hazard than most ... including some much more experienced drivers in better cars. :clap:

But it very easy to become a moving roadblock when being overtaken. Chilton for the most part knew his place and didn't create problems for the leaders. That can't be said for all the backmarkers and a couple of the more experienced drivers who felt being lapped was an opportunity to demonstrate their blocking capabilities.
By 1Lemon

But it very easy to become a moving roadblock when being overtaken. Chilton for the most part knew his place and didn't create problems for the leaders. That can't be said for all the backmarkers and a couple of the more experienced drivers who felt being lapped was an opportunity to demonstrate their blocking capabilities.

True' dat
By operaman
I think in Max's case, getting in the maximum number of laps was important. With limited testing, when else can you learn? But make no mistake, while I think he has earned another year at Marussia I am not predicting a long and glorious career in F1.
By Jabberwocky
agreed, maybe he needs to take a few more risks this year. Then again, it all depends on if the car is fast enough to keep up with anyone. I suppose we will not know how good or bad Max is until Bianchi moves into a top team
By operaman
agreed, maybe he needs to take a few more risks this year. Then again, it all depends on if the car is fast enough to keep up with anyone. I suppose we will not know how good or bad Max is until Bianchi moves into a top team

I agree, more speed (the car I mean) might allow him to take a step up
By Jabberwocky
I was just pondering 2014 F1. Maybe signing Max was an astounding idea, you know he will bring the car home. So if you build a safe car that is bullet proof. People are saying at some races 6 drivers will finish a race. Maybe Mr Safe at the back of the grid lapping 5 seconds off the pace will bring in some good points at the start of the season.

Sent using NCC-1701
By LRW
I like your theory. You could be onto something. What power train is the Marussia on?
Who would of though it Max is beating Hamilton and Vettel in the championship so far this year.

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
Who would of though it Max is beating Hamilton and Vettel in the championship so far this year.

I'm betting none of the aforementioned!! :thumbup:
Max Chilton recently posted a fantastic shirtless picture of himself on twitter... albeit... with a GIRLFRIEND!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::(

See our F1 related articles too!