FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Big Azza
You know, a thought occurred to me. The 4 biggest teams on the grid, all had seats available for next year, but they didn't turn to the best midfield-ish drivers, instead going for some left field signings.

Ferrari went for veteran Raikkonen - of course a good move. But then Ricciardo in at Red Bull, the BEST team on the grid, but really in the past I don't think such a thing would happen. You should prefer going for the best of the midfield instead of the best of the backmarkers...

McLaren have signed a rookie, instead of being that next big step for already established midfield drivers (although it could be argued that they attempted that with Perez and didn't get the desired results...)

And Lotus went for a temperamental, cashed up, race winner now back marker in Maldonado. There is a massive black hole now. Establishing yourself at a midfield team does not seem to be the best way to try and get into a championship winning seat. (a la Hulkenburg)

F1 will suffer as a result of it.
By Jabberwocky
Red bull had to sign one of the str's to warrant its existence

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By LewEngBridewell
Nice one Force India. Glad Perez has got a seat, but getting a little annoyed that the Hulk is still trapped in the midfield.
By zurich_allan
Nice one Force India. Glad Perez has got a seat, but getting a little annoyed that the Hulk is still trapped in the midfield.

I sort of agree, but at the same time, with the new regulations coming in, we don't know where Force India will be next season. They have been one of these teams that has made gradual performance and consistency improvement season by season since their inception. If it weren't for the tyre construction being (wrongly) changed last year because of the political pressure from the front teams who didn't design their cars in line with the new tyres, when in fact they should have been the ones altering their aero, mechanics etc. I'm pretty sure that Force India would have managed at least one or two podiums, they were well on track. Even after the new tyres did not suit their car, they adapted again and still managed to retain their place in the WCC.

They may be in the same midfield position in 2014, but personally, I wouldn't bet against them being capable of springing a surprise race win or two, especially if they have their act together early in the season again whilst others play catch-up. Might happen, might not, we'll see! :)
By LewEngBridewell

I sort of agree, but at the same time, with the new regulations coming in, we don't know where Force India will be next season. They have been one of these teams that has made gradual performance and consistency improvement season by season since their inception. If it weren't for the tyre construction being (wrongly) changed last year because of the political pressure from the front teams who didn't design their cars in line with the new tyres, when in fact they should have been the ones altering their aero, mechanics etc. I'm pretty sure that Force India would have managed at least one or two podiums, they were well on track. Even after the new tyres did not suit their car, they adapted again and still managed to retain their place in the WCC.

They may be in the same midfield position in 2014, but personally, I wouldn't bet against them being capable of springing a surprise race win or two, especially if they have their act together early in the season again whilst others play catch-up. Might happen, might not, we'll see! :)

If it happens, it will be tremendous! The first time they will have tasted the bubbly since Fisichella took the plaudits, all the way back at that sodden race in Interlagos, 2003. :eek:
By Hammer278

I wouldn't be so sure of that. They have some good talent in that team and were seriously on the ball this year till the tyres changed. With new rules next year, a Merc engine, and 2 very strong drivers I'd put good money on them being the dark horse of 2014. Not to win trophies, but to do what Lotus did this year.
By spankyham
First look at the VJM07, and our first look at a 2014 car.

By LewEngBridewell
More black this year. I think I quite like it!

It'll be interesting to see what that drooping nose looks like from the front...
By 1Lemon
The nose almost looks Williams walrus nose esque.

Loving that colour scheme though. McLaren and Mercedes could learn a thing or two on making a proper livery.
By sagi58
Nice!! Clean lines!! Clean graphics!! :clap:
Loving the orange and black combination!! :thumbup:
By Hammer278
Flashy livery and surely stands out a lot more, though it doesn't blend well in anyway. Still, at speed I guess blending happens automatically. Hope it's a decent car!
By acosmichippo
I don't really care for it. much prefer last year's livery.

See our F1 related articles too!