FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
It would be like Alonso saying his best year in F1 was when he was at Mclaren

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By operaman
I seriously do not understand why there is such "hatred" being levied at someone
none of us even know??

If he feels he's had a successful season this year, there may be something behind
his comments that we are not privy to, so let's cut the guy some slack, eh? :wavey:

You mean like he cut Perez slack by ramming him, after perceived actions on the track. I think he did the same to Hammy, after practise no less. :thumbdown:
By sagi58
I seriously do not understand why there is such "hatred" being levied at someone
none of us even know??

If he feels he's had a successful season this year, there may be something behind
his comments that we are not privy to, so let's cut the guy some slack, eh? :wavey:

You mean like he cut Perez slack by ramming him, after perceived actions on the track. I think he did the same to Hammy, after practise no less. :thumbdown:

You could say the same about Hamilton/Massa and their "interesting" incidents, no? :confused:
By operaman
none of us even know??

You could say the same about Hamilton/Massa and their "interesting" incidents, no? :confused:

Not the same at all. Hamilton and Massa were fighting for position on track. One or the other could be faulted, but they were racing. The 2 incidents I mention involving Pastor were both deliberate rams on his part. The one with Hamilton happened after practise was over. I'm not sure about the Perez incident, but I think it was after the chequered flag too.
By sagi58
Not the same at all. Hamilton and Massa were fighting for position on track. One or the other could be faulted, but they were racing. The 2 incidents I mention involving Pastor were both deliberate rams on his part. The one with Hamilton happened after practise was over. I'm not sure about the Perez incident, but I think it was after the chequered flag too.

Let's give the teams some credit for having some form of intelligence, eh?
I very much doubt he would be forgiven for destroying/mutilating that sort
of expensive equipment deliberately... Sure, the recordings don't look good
and make him look seriously guilty; but, again, would teams allow that? :confused:
By operaman

and make him look seriously guilty; but, again, would teams allow that? :confused:

Considering that he was bringing a significant amount of cash to Williams and he is no longer there, I'd say no they don't put up with that. :thumbup:
By sagi58
Considering that he was bringing a significant amount of cash to Williams and he is no longer there, I'd say no they don't put up with that. :thumbup:

Ah, the power of the almighty buck... Not to mention the politics involved, eh? :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6

i would say the team would find it easy to forgive once he has covered the cost of the damages by wire transfer from Caracas.

Just like the stewards at Monaco did after he was banned for using his car ram a steward off the track in the Renault series
By sagi58
So... are we not then saying that if a team can't afford to hire the best drivers,
if a team can't afford the best engineers, etc... they shouldn't be in F1??
By operaman

Ah, the power of the almighty buck... Not to mention the politics involved, eh? :thumbup:

I think when a team dumps a driver that brings significant $$$$ and has a win, it says a lot about that driver. I think the fact that Lotus openly stated Hulkenberg was their man, but signed Maldo, says a lot about Lotus too. :thumbdown:
By operaman
So... are we not then saying that if a team can't afford to hire the best drivers,
if a team can't afford the best engineers, etc... they shouldn't be in F1??

Not every team can afford the BEST, besides there is a very small pool to draw from. Having said that, every team should be able to assemble the people needed to do a reasonable job, and pay them. Here's where I have a big problem with the politics. Since F1 is such a money driven sport, more should be done to either control cost (a serious issue) or distribute the wealth in a more equitable way. Teams should be rewarded for success, but there should still be better support for those lower down the grid. :wink:
By sagi58
A combination of the two would probably work best, I would imagine!!

But, to be completely honest, I can't see a solution where all sides agree and everyone is happy!!
Good thing we have an overwhelming number of males who are logical running the sport, eh?
By operaman
A combination of the two would probably work best, I would imagine!!

But, to be completely honest, I can't see a solution where all sides agree and everyone is happy!!
Good thing we have an overwhelming number of males who are logical running the sport, eh?

I am working on a plan that would eliminate all prize money, and reward teams based on their longevity in the sport (but more equitable than today) instead. I would also include a salary floor and a luxury tax for teams that exceed a determined level of expenditure, but there would be no cap. There is more than enough money generated in F1 to support 10 teams competing in 20 races, it just needs to be distributed more fairly. The problem of course is that any attempt to ease F1 out of the Machiavellian era it lives in, requires total financial transparency of all partners and all revenue streams. My goal would be to make everyone unhappy, equitably. :thumbup:
By sagi58
My goal would be to make everyone unhappy, equitably. :thumbup:

:rofl: With that plan, you just might succeed if you're demanding "total financial transparency of all partners and all revenue streams"!! :rofl:
By operaman
My goal would be to make everyone unhappy, equitably. :thumbup:

:rofl: With that plan, you just might succeed if you're demanding "total financial transparency of all partners and all revenue streams"!! :rofl:

Just wait until they hear that I would eliminate all races with less than 100K paid raceday attendance. :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!