FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
Maldonado filling Kimi's shoes?

If that's the case, then I fully expect Maldonado to get it. Unfortunately.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :yikes::yikes:
By Denthúl
Maldonado and PDVSA appear to have confirmed exit talks with Williams. Of his possible destinations, I really hope it's Force India rather than Lotus (though I'd rather he just buggered off altogether).
By NHcheese
It should be Hulk but financially Maldonado is the better bet.
By Denthúl
Only up-front. How much is 2nd/3rd place in the WCC worth? I don't think they can realistically target that level of success with Maldonado onboard unless they build a car that is as dominant as the RB7 was.
Maldonado and PDVSA appear to have confirmed exit talks with Williams. Of his possible destinations, I really hope it's Force India rather than Lotus (though I'd rather he just buggered off altogether).

:yes::yes:
By Jabberwocky
The trouble is if the decision makers at lotus (as in the people who have to sign the drivers off as in above Eric Boullier) only look at the stats, which driver is a proven race winner

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By 1Lemon
Maldonado
YAY HE'S LEAVING

and PDVSA appear to have confirmed exit talks with Williams. Of his possible destinations, I really hope it's Force India rather than Lotus (though I'd rather he just buggered off altogether).

NOOO THE MONEYS LEAVING!
By geetface9
I'm in the minority hoping maldonado gets the lotus seat. I think hulkenberg deserves a spot at a better team but I like maldonado's aggression much more. He also has a win under his belt and several potential podium positions that were lost due to his overly aggressive nature. It seems he's curbed that a lot in that we've heard hardly a peep about him from the press this year regarding any incidents other than mechanical failures (at least here in the U.S. I'm sure you guys across the pond hear much more). I really really would love to see such an aggressive driver in a great car. It could definitely spice things up. Hate all you want :twisted:
Personally I'll be glad to see him go. Agressiveness is one thing but the guy made a couple of homicide attempts at other drivers with his car as the lethal weapon and that's inexcusable, ever.

I'd much rather see someone like Kobayashi back in than a mad man flailing about. If he was a better driver he'd be making more with the Williams, as is he's barely rising above his rookie team mate with a solitary point, and he wasn't the one putting the Williams in the second row during qualifying in the Canadian GP.

Good riddance I say.
By geetface9
The main point I'll argue is what can be done with that car, and I say not much :hehe: alonso and hamilton are probably the only two people on the grid that could do anything significant with it. Of the races in which both williams drivers have finished this year, maldonado has finished higher eight times to bottas' four, although bottas has beaten maldonado in qualifying 10 to 6 I believe. As they say, you don't get points on saturday (and only one on all the sundays combined so far :rofl: )

I'm quite apathetic about the homicidal attempts. I've always been the kind of person that believes in "no harm, no foul" so I won't debate any of that because I'll remain unconvinced and we won't get anywhere with that point :hehe:
By 1Lemon
Taki Inou tweeted this last night, what more can I say but the man is a legend!

See our F1 related articles too!