FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
Thats a shame. It does explain how McLaren were able to get an engineer to join them from another team.

Yeap, first new guy in a long time and it turns out the guy's wages weren't being paid at Sauber and he might've been out of a job soon. McLaren should be known as the 'charity' of F1, taking in fired staff and staff who were treated in an unethical manner.
By myownalias
It does beg the question; why did Sauber hire Hulkenberg, getting rid of Kamui Kobayashi? who had financial backing from the Japanese people, e.g. bringing money into the team. Seems that there has been some bad decision making at Sauber since the highs of 2012 with their three podium finishes.
By LewEngBridewell
Nico Hulkenberg is probably watching Force India's progress and seriously regretting his switch to Hinwil.
By darwin dali
Nico Hulkenberg is probably watching Force India's progress and seriously regretting his switch to Hinwil.

I want him at Red Bull :)
By CookinFlat6
Sauber have just confirmed a few technological and financial partnerships that should see them at least having a good run for the next few years

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8825040/

All the teams bar the top 4, will live and die by the commercial, engine and sponsor deals they cut going into 2014. If a team like Sauber was that close to insolvency despite finishing 6th last year one has to wonder how long the independent teams can last
By Hammer278
Russia...the oil money comes through for Sauber. Good news. :)
By andrew
Hopefully, but it seems there is some 17 year old kid, Sergey Sirotkin, who's the preferred choice of the Russian backers.
By What's Burning?
I'm getting tired of partnerships that don't actually sell anything but are simply throwing cheap money around to promote their government/corporate agenda. These crap partnerships only serve to bring mediocre talent into the grid so daddy can live vicariously through their purchased skills.
By Hammer278
I'm getting tired of partnerships that don't actually sell anything but are simply throwing cheap money around to promote their government/corporate agenda. These crap partnerships only serve to bring mediocre talent into the grid so daddy can live vicariously through their purchased skills.

Beggars can't be choosers, and the F1 of today aims to make as many beggars as possible. :hehe:
By racechick
Very worrying news for Sauber. Money problems worsening and the Russian bale out money now in question. Ferrari threatening to stop engine supply unless bills are paid.
http://www.f1reader.com/news/russian-en ... scue-80030
By LewEngBridewell
It looks like they've not been able to pay Pirelli yet either... let alone Ferrari or anything else. Sad times. :(
By Jabberwocky
I thought they got the tires for free

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2

See our F1 related articles too!