FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Frontrunner
Stoner only 1.2 off the pace in P1 then 0.700 tenths in P2.
First time out, first time on a street circuit with foreign things called walls...Think as the season goes on he will be quick!

Its a good start, well in the top ten, interesting to see how he races, the races in his tier can get a bit crazy with all those young drivers trying to prove their worth.

Anyway I have manage to find a site with all driver's competing in this years championship. Also surprised to see Van Gisbergen back with a full time drive with Tekno, but a good surprise. :)

Triple Eight Race Engineering
#1 Jamie Whincup
#888 Craig Lowndes

Holden Racing Team
#2 Garth Tander
#22 James Courtney

Walkinshaw Racing (Holden Racing Team)
#66 Russell Ingall

Erebus Motorsport
#4 Lee Holdsworth
#9 Maro Engel
#47 Tim Slade

Ford Performance Racing
#5 Mark Winterbottom
#6 Will Davison

Charlie Schwerkolt Racing (Ford Performance Racing)
#18 Alex Davison

Rod Nash Racing (Ford Performance Racing)
#55 David Reynolds

Nissan Motorsport (Jack Daniels)
#7 Todd Kelly
#15 Rick Kelly

Nissan Motorsport (Norton 360)
#36 Michael Caruso
#360 James Moffat

Brad Jones Racing
#8 Jason Bright
#14 Fabian Coulthard
#21 David Wall

Dic Johnson Racing
#12 Jonny Reid
#17 Tim Blanchard

Tekno Autosports
#19 Jonathon Webb
#97 Shane Van Gisbergen

Garry Rogers Motorsport
#33 Scott McLaughlin
#34 Alexandre Prémat

Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport
#80 Scott Pye
#88 Dean Fiore

Tony D'Alberto Racing
#3 Tony D'Alberto

Some very nice liveries there, really like Tekno Autosports liveries for both their cars, really caught my eye
By Coronis
Nice to see someone other than Triple Eight or FPR win a race, and Shane is my favourite of the other drivers. So it looks like Triple Eight/FPR/van Gisbergen/Coulthard have the pace atm. Will be nice to see Ingall do well in his farewell season too.

Have read that Ambrose may be coming back next year, if he doesn't win an oval race this year. Will be great to have him, if so. Rejuvenate Ford's chances a bit.
By bud
Tekno cars are Triple 8 prepared, so with Van Gisbergen behind expect them to be quick.
By Coronis
Coulthard dominating at Melbourne, great to see. Hopefully he can carry some of this form into some actual championship rounds.
By Frontrunner
Seems all the cars out of Brad Jones racing have very good pace, They would want to take advantage of that before the bigger teams get their heads around the new cars and catch them up.
By Coronis
Very impressive race from both Tekno Autosport drivers, they have a very good car in the wet. Shame Frosty went off, he had great pace in the last few laps.
By Hammer278
Damn, big change with Whincup leaving Holden. Will still be supporting Jamie, though I'll miss watching him kick a*se in the old Holden-Vodafone livery.
By Coronis
Damn, big change with Whincup leaving Holden. Will still be supporting Jamie, though I'll miss watching him kick a*se in the old Holden-Vodafone livery.

Leaving Holden?
By Frontrunner

He's still in a Holden and in the same team Hammer, Its probably the new model VF Commodore that has caught you out there and the new title sponsor of Red Bull. I think those front headlights looks very alike to a BMW on the new VF.
By Hammer278

He's still in a Holden and in the same team Hammer, Its probably the new model VF Commodore that has caught you out there and the new title sponsor of Red Bull. I think those front headlights looks very alike to a BMW on the new VF.

Ah okay! Yes the livery threw me off.
By Hammer278
Heart pumping racing. Actual RACING! I missed this race.

[youtube]ouoHjqJCn-I[/youtube]
By Frontrunner
Heart pumping racing. Actual RACING! I missed this race.

[youtube]ouoHjqJCn-I[/youtube]

I remember watching that race, That was a absolute classic battle!!! still can work out how Courtney made it to the finish even with that major fuel saving he did.
By Coronis
Bloody hell. Winterbottom even unluckier than Webber so far this weekend. Lost an almost definite win in the first race, and a 1st/2nd in the 3rd race, and another very good result in the 4th race.
By Frontrunner
There was some good hard racing from Pukekohe, very good entertainment i thought
By Coronis
There was some good hard racing from Pukekohe, very good entertainment i thought

Yeah there was, too short of a track for many passing opportunities though. It really just pisses me off to see that Winterbottom had the fastest car all weekend, and came out with only 1 top 10 finish.

See our F1 related articles too!