FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By WorksS25
Should be a few fireworks with Marquez on the fold

Rossi is the GOAT.
Villeneuve greatest not to be Champ
By scotty
Pretty entertaining race to end the season, thank god.

Anyone heard this rule change about the minimum weight? It'll be bike and rider combined rather than just bike. That'll change a lot i think... can't remember if that is coming into play next season, or 2014 though.
By racechick

Anyone heard this rule change about the minimum weight? It'll be bike and rider combined rather than just bike. That'll change a lot i think... can't remember if that is coming into play next season, or 2014 though.

If that's the case, should help Danni.
By andrew
Riders like Pedrosa should carry a bit of ballast. He has an unfair advantage by being short.
By racechick
Riders like Pedrosa should carry a bit of ballast. He has an unfair advantage by being short.

And a dtisadvantage maybe on cornering?
By scotty

Opposite i expect, cause he'll lose his weight advantage. This is what the BBC guys were saying (i think?), about how Marquez would have had a tougher time in Moto2 if these rules were in effect.
By racechick

Opposite i expect, cause he'll lose his weight advantage. This is what the BBC guys were saying (i think?), about how Marquez would have had a tougher time in Moto2 if these rules were in effect.

Oh stupid me :banghead: of course it's the opposite Doh! Got that completely wrong didn't !
By andrew

And a dtisadvantage maybe on cornering?

I guess with less weight he can brake later so that makes up for it, plus he can accelerate quicker out of the corners given his small stature.
By bud
Smaller guys also lack the physical strength to man handle the MotoGP bikes compared to the bigger guys.
By scotty
Oh stupid me :banghead: of course it's the opposite Doh! Got that completely wrong didn't !

:P Although i guess you could also say that the loss in advantage will be somewhat offset by the ability to position the ballast wherever they want on the bike, which can help in setting the thing up. The lighter guys will still have a advantage in that respect.
By racechick

:P Although i guess you could also say that the loss in advantage will be somewhat offset by the ability to position the ballast wherever they want on the bike, which can help in setting the thing up. The lighter guys will still have a advantage in that respect.

That's true :yes:
By Frontrunner
Whoa people, let's slow down. The weight ballast thing will only apply in Moto 2 next year not Moto GP

So someone like Scott Redding who weighs 70kg will no longer be at a disavantage to someone like Marc Marques who is around 50kg, So Marquez has probably left Moto 2 at the right time. Weight in Moto GP still plays a bit of a part, especially at the launch at the start, just look at Pedrosa's starts, but weight is not that bigger issue on the bigger 1000cc bikes compared to the smaller bikes in Moto 2 and Moto 3
By vlad
Ah, damn it... :banghead: Why do they allow her to make fool out of them? It's a disgrace for the sport.
By Frontrunner
Paris Hilton has a racing team? :yikes:

Paris Hilton was involved in 2011 in 125cc, The team name being "Blusens by Paris Hilton racing". The team won a couple of races in 2011. For 2012 she only had her "Blusens" sponser on the bikes (Moto 2, Moto3) but nothing more than that. Don't know if she will be a sponser for next year though.

See our F1 related articles too!