FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I have seen the lap once again. He's not pushing that much, shifting too soon, I guess the lap times here will be around 1.55s or so. Maybe even faster.
Well, maybe his setting was wrong, but he was fighting with oversteer and understeer in many corners.

It will be the demo tyres. Nick Heidfeld did a lap of the Nürburgring (the real one) in the BMW with a set of Bridgestone's demo tyres and said it was like driving on ice.
Well, maybe his setting was wrong, but he was fighting with oversteer and understeer in many corners.

Yeah, I don't know if there's just a lot of editing going on but there were a lot of outright blown corners and it looked like that was THE VERY FIRST LAP... exploration maybe?
They even bring times down from FP to Q, so imagine what they'll do to these times...

Plus if this guy was able to go anywhere near the real speeds, it would probably be a forbidden test. Im sure they are not using 'real tyres' and the surface is junk.

Gee, this guy is showing us a new circuit for the first time ever, and you guys are calling him slow.... :nono:

At least it was not a Mclaren... it would have broken down halfway through.
:rimshot:
They even bring times down from FP to Q, so imagine what they'll do to these times...

Plus if this guy was able to go anywhere near the real speeds, it would probably be a forbidden test. Im sure they are not using 'real tyres' and the surface is junk.

Gee, this guy is showing us a new circuit for the first time ever, and you guys are calling him slow.... :nono:

At least it was not a Mclaren... it would have broken down halfway through.
:rimshot:

Life beat you to the punch life. Mario Andretti was to take the car out after that but... The car had engine issues.
I don't get Road & Track but apparently the May issue has a big spread on COTA ad the Lotus 49. They had Alexander Rossi drive the Lotus, and they even put that car up againsy a Corvette Z6 and the Lotus was over a second a lap faster. Not bad for a 1960's era F1 car.

[youtube]KuQSTcjk77U[/youtube]
The lotus still sounds nice

Nice? How about f@cking awesome! I think I was born in the wrong F1 era.

For a car that age, it does indeed sound awesome.

Do you miss the V10 though? I still have this one playing in the background from time to time to get some goosebumps. Check out the downshifts at minute 1:00 for the right hander.

[youtube]XxdWq9vS4X4[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!