FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
ESPNF1: I'd have benefited Williams - Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello believes Williams would have benefitted from having him as one of its race drivers this season.

Having been replaced by Bruno Senna, Barrichello now races in IndyCar but is not ruling out a return to Formula One in the future. He said that his experience would have been beneficial in a team with an inexperienced driver line-up of Senna, Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas, and that Williams would have seen better results if he'd been retained.

"I think there is still a way back, I'm not using IndyCar as a last resort," Barrichello told Auto Motor und Sport. "I drive because I love racing. My heart bleeds that I cannot be there. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that I can drive [in IndyCar]; I do not see myself as a victim. I think it's just a shame for Williams; it would have been a big year. Not just for me, but also for them.

"Williams would benefit from me. I would have been a good team-mate and coach for Senna, Bottas or Maldonado. Next to me, they would go much better than they do now. Look at Maldonado. He had fewer accidents last year than this season. Pastor is super fast, but he is a lot more controlled with me."

Barrichello also said that problems with the car were identified in 2011 and have led to a more competitive Williams this season.

"We already recognised the problems last year. The move to Renault (engines) has been making a big difference. The big plus of this engine is its excellent driveability."
He does have a point, Barrichello probably would have brought home more points than crash kid Maldonado. But really I'd be interested to see Bottas compete in a couple of races alongside Senna!
Rubens is starting to sound bitter.

Starting?! He's been bitter since it finally clicked with him that he'd failed to correctly read his Ferrari contract (expecting to be on the same footing as Schumacher and thinking driver 1A and driver 1B meant that they had 2 number 1 drivers :rofl: )!
I like Rubens and really hope that he does not turn into the next Jacques or Eddie

+1

My fingers are crossed. :yes:
By f1ea
Willie would have definitely been doing better with him on.... and the way he says it is not even bitter..... should have said something more spicy.
By LRW
Willie would have definitely been doing better with him on.... and the way he says it is not even bitter..... should have said something more spicy.

Along the lines of .........
I can't believe those *censored* dumped me for a crash test dummy with braces. What douches. I'm old. I got talent. I made Michael Schumacher the man he is today!! I practically redesigned and re-engineered that s*** Williams last year, with my own bare hands, and made it the car it is now. Well f*** them!!! I'm going to sign with RedBull or Ferrari for 2013, and single handedly win both championships. That'll show them who they duck with. God help me, if Frank wasn't already a cripple I would f*** him up so badly he'd need a wheelchair.

See our F1 related articles too!