FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
Hamilton becomes seventh Grand Prix winner of 2012!

Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix from second on the grid; having to overtake Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso in the final 10 laps because Vettel and Alonso were attempting to one stop, while McLaren two stopped Hamilton. Lotus’ Roman Grosjean and Saubers’ Sergio Perez were drivers of the race for me; finishing in second and third place respectively, both drove calculated races, maintaining pace while looking after their tyres to be there at the end on the podium with a one stop strategy; proving Pirelli rubber is still a massive factor seven races in the 2012 season!

Continue Reading...

Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix from second on the grid; having to overtake Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso in the final 10 laps because Vettel and Alonso were attempting to one stop, while McLaren two stopped Hamilton. Lotus’ Roman Grosjean and Saubers’ Sergio Perez were drivers of the race for me; finishing in second and third place respectively, both drove calculated races, maintaining pace while looking after their tyres to be there at the end on the podium with a one stop strategy; proving Pirelli rubber is still a massive factor seven races in the 2012 season!

Continue Reading...

I wrote the following on the Montreal thread and after reading your blog in its entirety, just wanted to point out it's not all drivers. :nono:

Here's why I'm a fan of Lewis... he tried TWICE to take the lead from Alonso, even though he could have easily just waited for the next lap and the next DRS zone. The guy is just an entertaining man on the track to watch and has matured immensely given his performance last year.

Continue Reading...

I wrote the following on the Montreal thread and after reading your blog in its entirety, just wanted to point out it's not all drivers. :nono:

Here's why I'm a fan of Lewis... he tried TWICE to take the lead from Alonso, even though he could have easily just waited for the next lap and the next DRS zone. The guy is just an entertaining man on the track to watch and has matured immensely given his performance last year.

My comment was a general statement, where most drivers wait for the DRS zone to make a motorway pass, I didn't say all drivers, I just wrote "drivers", more than one but less than all!
Well split hair my friend. :hehe:

...anyway, you never know when the generalization police may come calling so stay on the straight and narrow. :D

Next time I will write down all the names of the drivers who are guilty of not making a non-DRS overtake, will that suffice? :wink::twisted:
After not bothering to write up a review of Valencia; as I didn't actually sit down watch the race because of moving home; my writings are back for the British GP!

British GP – Silverstone: Free Practice 1 & 2 Washout!

There was no meaningful running in free practice on Friday as persistent rain fell on the Northamptonshire circuit. Many fans couldn’t even make it into the circuit because of the conditions; many fans were stuck in their cars as both practice sessions took place. Silverstone’s car parks were reduced to a muddy mess, more reminiscent of a music festival than a racetrack! Silverstone management has apologised and offered full refunds to the people that didn’t manage to make it into the circuit. And even worse; Silverstone MD, Richard Phillips has asked people to stay away for Saturday’s free practice and qualifying sessions. Very poor planing by the Silverstone management team, given the sell out crowd and unpredictable British summertime weather!

Continue Reading...
British GP – Silverstone: Rain Interrupted Qualifying

Fernando Alonso qualified his Ferrari on pole position ahead of Red Bull’s Mark Webber and Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher in a rain interrupted qualifying session. And when I say rain interrupted; I mean literally; the Q2 session was red flagged with six minutes left on the clock and Saubers’ Sergio Perez topping the times. It was over an hour and half before the cars returned to the track to complete qualifying. More bad press in a weekend the BRDC would like to forget!

Continue Reading...
Mark Webber takes victory at the British Grand Prix

Red Bull’s Mark Webber has taken a second British Grand Prix victory in three years overhauling pole sitter Fernando Alonso with just five laps remaining. What’s even more amazing is that the race was 100% dry after two days of almost solid rain, which played a part in the Australian’s victory, if it was changeable or 100% wet, I would think that Alonso would have prevailed and taken the victory. From a personal point of view; I am more than happy to see Webber claim the win!

Continue Reading...
Rainmeister Fernando Alonso takes dominant German pole

Fernando Alonso took pole in a second successive wet qualifying, putting his Ferrari on pole by four tenths of a second ahead of home favourite and current world champion Sebastian Vettel. Red Bull team mate Mark Webber qualified in third but will start from eighth after a five place grid penalty, which promotes Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher to third place alongside fellow German, Nico Hulkenberg in the Force India, team mate Paul di Resta also starts in the top 10 from ninth!

Continue Reading...
Button’s McLaren stablemate Lewis Hamilton will start behind his team mate in seventh for the first time in 2012, no doubt the Hamilton fans will be full of excuses for Lewis’ failure to outqualify his team mate for the 10th time this season!

:rofl::thumbup:
Button’s McLaren stablemate Lewis Hamilton will start behind his team mate in seventh for the first time in 2012, no doubt the Hamilton fans will be full of excuses for Lewis’ failure to outqualify his team mate for the 10th time this season!

:rofl::thumbup:

I tell it as I see it... I'm not good at sugarcoating! :P And I come onto the forum and immediately go to the German GP thread and... :hehe:
Alonso wins controversial German Grand Prix!

Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso extended his world championship lead to 34 points by winning the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim; closest rival Mark Webber couldn’t improve on his starting position of eighth place. While Sebastian Vettel controversially overtook Jenson Button for second place on the penultimate lap at the hairpin (turn six) by leaving the confines of the track, for which the German was penalised, having 20 seconds added to his race time; dropping him back to fifth place!

Continue Reading...
Lewis Hamilton takes dominant pole at the Hungaroring

Lewis Hamilton will start tomorrow’s race at the Hungaroring from pole position setting fastest times in all three qualifying sessions; and both practice sessions on Friday, posting a time of 1:20.953 in Qualifying 3, 0.413 seconds faster than Lotus’ Romain Grosjean and 0.630 seconds ahead of McLaren team mate Jenson Button, who will start from fourth place after being bumped by Grosjean’s last moment lap, which will mean that Button starts on the dirty side of the grid.

Continue Reading...
Hamilton takes pole to flag victory at the Hungaroring

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton bounced back from his dismal German Grand Prix one week ago to win the Hungarian Grand Prix by exactly one second; holding off hard charging Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen during the closing laps. While Raikkonen’s Lotus team mate Romain Grosjean came home on the third step of the podium after being overtaken by his team mate in the final round of pitstops.

Continue Reading...

See our F1 related articles too!