FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
So... will Raikkonen win a race before the year is out? Maybe Grosjean will win Lotus' first race of 2012? Which of them will end up with more points?

Fascinating stuff going on in Enstone. 8-)

To answer in order:
Spa king will hopefully strike once again to take a 5th win from his last 6 starts there, hopefully. Grosjean very possibly, if he can qualify well but then stay out of trouble as well. Raikkonen more points cause he's more consistent, and i expect him to just get stronger and stronger as the season goes on anyway.

Err, sorry but Finnish Spa King has been displaced since 2008, we have a new king now who also has Mercedes horsepower to back him up...so it's Lewis' to lose. :whip:
By scotty
Riiiiight, so that's how he won the very year after in that POS Ferrari F60 :thumbup: and how the 'new king' dumped himself out the race last year...
By Hammer278
Riiiiight, so that's how he won the very year after in that POS Ferrari F60 :thumbup: and how the 'new king' dumped himself out the race last year...

I loved that victory in Ferrari, it was awesome.

But we've had a genuine head to head between these two in MIXED conditions, and Hamilton just owned. Doesn't matter what happened last year, we had the result LH VS KR - sealed! The crown is with Lewis now, and he's a multiple winner as well!

I do hope for another battle between these two though, Spa is like their personal driving home ground! :wink:
By scotty
I won't waste everyone's time going into the technicalities of how those two '08 cars heated their tyres and the effect in such conditions - that is well documented already. Plus Raikkonen sucked in 2008 so it doesn't count :hehe: Really he has nothing to prove and all the true evidence is in his favour, 3 starts with both guys, the cold hard facts are that 2 wins plays a fourth and a third (Hamilton isn't a multiple winner btw), plus a 57% start-win ratio (versus 20%). Plus he beat Schumi in an inferior car when Schu was at his utterly dominant peak, which isn't a bad accolade. Us Raikkonen fans don't have too much else to cheer about, but he always drives brilliantly at Spa, always; and his record is better there than anyone else on the grid as well as most, if not every driver ever - arguably except perhaps Ayrton Senna.

But hey, i'd welcome a battle too - it'd be freaking epic. :clap:
By LewEngBridewell

He aint the only "king" to have dumped himself out at Spa... :twisted::whip::whip:

Oooooo, the banter is rife!! :spaz:
By What's Burning?
Eventually Lotus Renault will get it right but I'd be curious to see a breakdown of how many positions Kimi has lost during the last 5 laps of a race, versus how many positions he's gained during the last five laps of a race.
By LewEngBridewell
:rofl::rofl:

He should stop leaving his Magnums lying around!
By andrew
:rofl: :rofl:

He should stop leaving his Magnums lying around!

The Iceman slipped on some, err, ice. :hehe:
By stonemonkey
The quick thinking Flying Finn, 'better stash this here before the boss realises it's not water'
By LewEngBridewell
The quick thinking Flying Finn, 'better stash this here before the boss realises it's not water'

:rofl:
By vlad
Hahahaha, that has to be some Red Bull prank, look at the guy behind. :hehe:
By What's Burning?
he beat Schumi in an inferior car when Schu was at his utterly dominant peak, which isn't a bad accolade.

I agree with this one, but then again in 08 he was beaten by Massa in an equal car, understandably most Kimi fans try to wipe the 08 season from their memory. So let's just call those two a wash and look forward to Spa. :D
By scotty
At least i don't try to shift the blame onto anyone but the driver when things go wrong (even though it would be VERY easy!) :hehe:

Having his worst season ever yet still in title contention for most of the year? That's Kimi :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!