FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
I'm not a fan of Kimi's general attitude but today he did brilliantly, driving from 11th to second is a brilliant performance, wouldn't be surprised to see KImi/Lotus win this season, especially when the season has been so unpredictable, four winners in four grand prix!
By darwin dali
He had a multitude of fresh rubber available for his race, so that helped, but nevertheless it was a great performance.
By the same token, MS did fantastic as well: from 22nd to 10th.
By LewEngBridewell
Well done to Kimi today. It's a shame he didn't make that move into Turn 1 stick though, but overall, he seemed to be just lacking in pace slightly.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:

When Raikkonen left Ferrari at the end of 2009 he said he was only interested in the racing aspect of Formula One and he admitted that outlook had not changed.

"No, I'm only here for racing. All the other bulls**t I can do without. If you took away the cars from Formula One, I would not be there. Formula One plays no role in my personal life. I have a real life! I think for many people, their life is Formula One. For me it's not."
By LewEngBridewell
ESPNF1:

When Raikkonen left Ferrari at the end of 2009 he said he was only interested in the racing aspect of Formula One and he admitted that outlook had not changed.

"No, I'm only here for racing. All the other bulls**t I can do without. If you took away the cars from Formula One, I would not be there. Formula One plays no role in my personal life. I have a real life! I think for many people, their life is Formula One. For me it's not."

It's always good to have other interests other than your career. :yes:
By bud
I'm sure his personal lifestyle is poor and he is struggling to make ends meet... No thanks to his career in F1. :wink:
By f1ea
I'm sure his personal lifestyle is poor and he is struggling to make ends meet... No thanks to his career in F1. :wink:

He bangs a super model... rides custom built motorcycles... and eats magnums. What more could you ask for in life?? :hehe:
By Jabberwocky

He bangs a super model... rides custom built motorcycles... and eats magnums. What more could you ask for in life?? :hehe:

“Racing is life; everything else is just waiting around”
By scotty
Kimi Raikkonen has admitted he is increasingly frustrated at still being winless eight races into his Formula 1 comeback as his and Lotus's strong form has raised his expectations.

The 2007 world champion, back in F1 in 2012 after a two-year sojourn in the World Rally Championship, is sixth in the points at present and has taken three podium finishes.

Raikkonen said that while he would have been delighted at the prospect of those results before he rejoined F1, the fact that he feels better results have got away is leaving him discontented.

"If you asked me before the start of the season whether I would be happy with podiums I would have said yes, but now I've had some good results, I want more," he said.

"In the last few races the results haven't been as strong as I've wanted. We've finished well but I'm disappointed not to have a win yet.

"We just have to get everything together and I'm sure it can come."

The Finn finished second in the European Grand Prix last weekend, but did not think it was one of his stronger grands prix.

"I think we've been closer to the win at other tracks, but if we see everything going right for us over a race weekend we're not far off," said Raikkonen. "We're certainly getting there."

He added that it would be particularly pleasing if his first triumph with Lotus came at Silverstone next weekend.

"When you win in Silverstone, it gives such a good feeling. You have to get everything exactly right," Raikkonen said. "I won there in Formula Renault and then with Ferrari in 2007.

"It would be fantastic to win again there, especially with the factory just down the road. I'm sure we would have some fantastic celebrations."

The Enstone team's last Silverstone win came in its Renault era, with Fernando Alonso in 2006, while Raikkonen's most recent F1 triumph was for Ferrari in the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix.

Lacking motivation? Nope! :thumbup:
By f1ea
"I'm sure we would have fantastic celebrations"

:) someone has his prorities set straight. Never mentioned where he'd end up in the chamionship standings hehe :D
By LewEngBridewell
So... will Raikkonen win a race before the year is out? Maybe Grosjean will win Lotus' first race of 2012? Which of them will end up with more points?

Fascinating stuff going on in Enstone. 8-)
By Hammer278
Grosjean will win Silverstone.

Impossible. Lotus will not win in Silverstone, and I can stake my manhood on that.

Great...that's my head on the chopping block, but I'm sticking to it.
By LRW
Grosjean will win Silverstone.

Impossible. Lotus will not win in Silverstone, and I can stake my manhood on that.

Great...that's my head on the chopping block, but I'm sticking to it.

Ooh. This is going to be a very interesting race now.
By scotty
So... will Raikkonen win a race before the year is out? Maybe Grosjean will win Lotus' first race of 2012? Which of them will end up with more points?

Fascinating stuff going on in Enstone. 8-)

To answer in order:
Spa king will hopefully strike once again to take a 5th win from his last 6 starts there, hopefully. Grosjean very possibly, if he can qualify well but then stay out of trouble as well. Raikkonen more points cause he's more consistent, and i expect him to just get stronger and stronger as the season goes on anyway.

See our F1 related articles too!