FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By texasmr2
I wish we had tv coverage of other racing series here in the US as I would like to be able to participate in this thread. :(
By vlad
Well, Motors TV helps a lot, and I think you can watch it easily, plenty of streams, if nothing else...
I remember watching GP2 ages ago, back in 2005 I think, and there was a British driver with much promise called Adam Carroll. He looked set for F1 at one stage, if I remember correctly (it was a long time ago now), but the pinnacle of motorsport has sadly evaded him. He's still gone on to have a decent career in other formulae though.
I remember watching GP2 ages ago, back in 2005 I think, and there was a British driver with much promise called Adam Carroll. He looked set for F1 at one stage, if I remember correctly (it was a long time ago now), but the pinnacle of motorsport has sadly evaded him. He's still gone on to have a decent career in other formulae though.

He won the A1 Championship for Ireland one year. Alas he hasn't been able to make the step-up to F1 sadly.
Sauber's reserve driver Esteban Gutiérrez looked pretty impressive at Bahrain in GP2; I would definitely be interested in seeing him compete in an F1 race, it's a shame that he wasn't in (I believe) Canada when Sergio Perez didn't feel upto racing after his Monaco shunt. a missed opportunity for Gutiérrez.
By texasmr2
Well, Motors TV helps a lot, and I think you can watch it easily, plenty of streams, if nothing else...

I don't do the streaming thing. I think SPEED TV should live up to its name and show racing from all over the world and all different series other than the crap they shove down our throats! :irked::banghead:

Rant over. :D
Sauber's reserve driver Esteban Gutiérrez looked pretty impressive at Bahrain in GP2; I would definitely be interested in seeing him compete in an F1 race, it's a shame that he wasn't in (I believe) Canada when Sergio Perez didn't feel upto racing after his Monaco shunt. a missed opportunity for Gutiérrez.

:yes: I've had an eye on Esteban for at least 2 years now - he'll make it big in F1 once his time's coming.

:yes: I've had an eye on Esteban for at least 2 years now - he'll make it big in F1 once his time's coming.

A push for a Mexico GP would help fast forward the clock a bit.
By scotty
Pepe Oriola, only 17 and yet still regularly fighting at the front of the WTCC field against ultra experienced tin top legends like Muller, Tarquini and Menu! Oriola has a very long and prosperous career ahead.
By scotty
Im still waiting for the great American hope, Alexander Rossi..

Just read he's driving in FP1 at Barcelona for Caterham, so wait no longer!
By vlad
Ferrari has a new talent coming up! A member of their Young Driver Academy called Raffaele Marciello. He currently drivers in Formula 3 and has won both races on GP de Pau. Made 2 pole positions as well. He destroyed the competition, even the young Carlos Sainz Jr. Worth attention, especially as a possible future Ferrari Italian driver.

By vlad
OK, boys and girls, time for a new talent in sight. :D

And, trust me, this one is from the drivers family. Son of Jos Verstappen (he was my favorite F1 driver when he drove, too bad he turned out to be a bad family man), Max, currently doing great job in carting races.

See our F1 related articles too!