FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By racechick
I cant remember what series he races in but theres a documentary about his life and first year of racing on BBC1 on march the 6th at 10.30pm. I think it'll be interesting to watch.
Heres what he tweeted
"Its official my Documentary will be shown on BBC 1 at 10:30pm on March 6th, a documentary following my life and first year of racing"
By racechick
Oh yes :hehe: I remember Nicole.
Threads merged.

I watched this, pretty interesting. Agree with you on Hamilton Sr LRW.

For anyone that didn't see it, it went something like this:

Nic: I wanna Race
Anthony: ok, I'll finance you for a year.
A few races in.....
Nic: oops just had my first major crash, and written the car off. That's shook me up a bit
Anthony: f***ing Hell Nic, that just cost me £70k!!!! Oh, btw, you ok?
One spare car, and a few laps later......
Nic: s***! Just came off at same corner, and only missed same tyre wall by a foot.
Anthony: oh FFS Nic, I can't afford for you to make these mistakes. YOU need to go find sponsors for next year..... AND don't ask your brother. Earn it yourself.
Lewis:....... Er guys, can I get in camera a bit more. I am very famous you know.
You guys have a lot to learn about bringing up kids! I think he was fantastic with his boys. He doesnt want Nik wrapped in cotton wool, he doesnt want him relying on his brother he wants him to make his own way in the world, to try the things he wants to try, to be treated like everyone else and to be proud of what he achieves. He could give Nik everything, so could Lewis. That wont do Nik any good!
I definitely won't model my parenting on Anthony Hamilton so i don't need to learn anything, but that condescending comment made me laugh, thanks for that :rofl: He definitely made some completely harsh comments that just made him seem like an arsehole. I have respect for Nic for going out and racing at that level with no experience. The guy had his first big crash - a massive shunt at the fastest part of the fastest track in Britain - and his confidence was visibly shaken but did he get that boost from AH? Nope, just some cold hearted crap. Prick. Furthermore Hamilton Sr spoke like Nic was a bloody child, when he's actually 19.
You guys have a lot to learn about bringing up kids! I think he was fantastic with his boys. He doesnt want Nik wrapped in cotton wool, he doesnt want him relying on his brother he wants him to make his own way in the world, to try the things he wants to try, to be treated like everyone else and to be proud of what he achieves. He could give Nik everything, so could Lewis. That wont do Nik any good!

I agree with the objectives he is trying to achieve, and I agree with all you sayt above. But a bit of concern, and love/affection wouldnt go amiss. I grew up with a father who didnt know how to show it, and believe me, it has an effect.
about 95% of they way through watching it I was thinking Hamilton Sr is cold and off handish with Nic, then right at the end he redeemed himself by saying something along the lines of "I am going to pay for next year, I was always going to"

What he has done is pushed Nic into trying as hard has he can beause he has to earn his ride. It is just positive encoragement, It is a tactic I use in work and with my oldest all the time. "If you don't tidy your bedroom, your not going to the park" this is the same just on a bigger scale.

See our F1 related articles too!